★ S6 E4 - Everything Is Compromised

The tapping of keys echoes throughout my office as I attempt to find out what I can on Grange. I thought I was getting close, but every time I try to access any part of the system, it locks me out.

"What are you trying to hide?" I mutter to myself.

I try again, and this time...ACCESS GRANTED...I'm in. I scroll through the files, finding Grange's, but I'm not expecting to see what I find.

"What?"

Every file is empty. There's nothing.

"How is that possible?"

It's as though he doesn't exist. There aren't anything in his ARC files, therefore he shouldn't really be here, so how is he?

I pull out my phone, debating whether or not to call Matt but decide against it. He'll just tell me to stop searching. He'll say his file's like that for privacy, but I know how it works. Mine is one of the most secure files on our system, and that's not what would come up. You wouldn't even be able to find me. It's almost as though he's wiped everything, but why?

I sigh. Lester would know why.

He's alone in his office when I arrive and I walk in without knocking.

"I need to talk to you," I say with urgency, sitting down opposite him.

"Nice of you to knock."

"Lester please, I need information."

"And what information would that be?" another voice asks.

My body whips around, my eyes locking with Grange. "Nothing."

He smiles, stepping closer. "You seem to do a lot of that. Nothing."

I stand up, stepping away from him. "I uh, I'll leave the two of you to it."

Once out of view, I run. Back to my office. I lock the door and grab a bag, filling it with papers and files, as well as my laptop.

Before I leave however, an idea pops into my mind and I fall into my desk chair and begin typing away, praying Grange won't see me if he walks past. He's not going to like this. No one will.

When I'm done, I grab my phone and rest it on top of the desk against the wall before pulling up the camera and hitting record.

"I'm sorry Matt, but you didn't understand, and I couldn't tell the others. There were some things I held back from you, but unfortunately Grange now has them. Everything is compromised...I've been compromised. I've done something a government organisation like ours should never do..."

I finish the recording hit stop before emailing the video to Matt.

Then, I leave.

I need to get answers.

Matt's POV

We're on the drive back to the ARC when my phone buzzes. Becker's driving, with myself in the passenger seat and Connor and Abby in the back.

I notice it's a new email notification and load it up to find it's from Lizzie. I didn't even know she had my email...Jess must have given it to her.

There's no subject or body of text to the email, just a video, but with what the two of us have been doing, I decide not to watch it until I'm alone, especially as Becker's currently sat next to me.

Upon our return to the ARC, I head straight to Lizzie's office only to find It locked. I peek through the glass but she's not inside. Weird. There's not normally anywhere else she'd be, especially when Colonel Grange is always hovering around.