S3 E3 - If Heaven Wasn't So Far

"Look Elizabeth, I'm sorry about the way I acted. I shouldn't have shut you out because I know Stephen was your friend too - we need each other to get through this. Please forgive me?"

"Forgiven." I say and Dad spins around to face me.

"How long have you been standing there?" He asks.

"Long enough," I step forward, "the real question is how long have you been practicing that apology with your reflection for?" I ask and he smirks.

"Shut up."

I walk in and around the matrix. "So...how's it going?"

"Good. We've got enough dates for this to be an accurate model but of course this is still only a start."

"I've always liked modern art," Lester interrupts, walking into the room, "so uncompromising."

I laugh while Dad remains serious.

"It's a very complex model of the exact locations and dates..."

"...of anomaly appearances throughout recorded history," Lester cuts Dad off, "I know." Lester takes a step closer to the model and Dad gives him a stern look as though he's a child who's just gotten into trouble with his parents.

"Don't touch it."

Silence evades the room and for a moment we're all in our own worlds until Becker walks in and I immediately perk up which Dad doesn't fail to take notice of but I ignore his stares.

"Ah, any news of Helen Cutter?" The name alone sends shivers down my spine. The only emotion I have left for her is anger and boy have I got a lot boiled up.

"I've started a review of security." Becker tells Lester before beckoning for me to follow him.

"You're sure the intruder was her doing?" Lester asks.

"I still find it weird to think that while I was gone a man who I saw die in the silurian desert was somehow wandering the corridors of the ARC...creepy if you ask me." I mutter.

"Can anybody else create an exact replica of a dead man?" Cutter points out and I nod.

"Helen is the only one I can think of who could." I say.

Lester nods. "Keep everyone on high alert. If Helen's back, we should all be very worried."

Following Becker out, he leads me down the hallway to 'my office' and once inside shuts the door.

"What's going on?" I ask, leaning up against the desk.

Becker steps forward and wraps his arms around me - I relax into his hold and enjoy the sense of comfort and security.

"Do you want to grab a drink after work?" He asks into my ear and I pull away to look at him.

"Like...a social drink or - you know - a drink drink?" I ask and Becker smiles, giving me an idea of the answer. "Are you asking me out on a date, Captain?"

"That depends...would you like it to be one?"

I smile before giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "Does that answer your question?"

Our moment however is interrupted by the anomaly alarm sounding. "Here we go..." I mutter before running off to the main part of the hub, Becker in tow. "Where is it Connor?" I ask, running in.

"One sec!" He's quiet for a few moments. "Ok, it's in the city." He looks up to face us. "It's a hospital."

* * *