S4 E7 - The Enemies Keep Coming

I walk into the ARC to find Matt and Emily - well, Matt at least - arguing with Lester, and Becker and Jess researching. What's it all about? Ethan.

I was a little out of the loop with the whole situation but Becker got me caught up last night and I must say this man sounds like an absolute twat. He's already murdered someone, tried to murder others, and no doubt won't stop trying.

"I guarantee you we'll find him," I hear Matt tell Lester. "That way, we've cleaned up our own mess and you're back on the Minister's Christmas card list."

"Fine, fine, fine. You've got till the end of the day. I can't hold them off any longer than that."

I'm about to go and speak to Lester but the anomaly alarm goes off and I sigh, running out towards the cars, except this time I don't join them.

"I'll see you there," I shout to the others as I lift the cover off a vehicle in the corner to reveal a Confederate P51 Fighter. My hand brushes over the motorbike and I smile. Lester really outdid himself this time.

* * *

"There was nowhere he could have gone. I locked and bolted the cell myself," the man tells me.

"Where there any noises? Strange lights?" I ask.

"He yelled for help, but like I said, he was gone by the time I got here."

I nod, crossing my arms over my chest. "Okay, thank you for your time. If you'd like to follow everyone out, the museum should reopen soon."

"Absolutely nothing," Becker says as I walk up to him. "Did you get anywhere?"

I shake my head. "No, the guy said he heard him screaming for help but he didn't see anything."

"Guys!" Abby calls and we head over to her. "There's no sign of a creature attack."

"Really?" Connor asks.

"Yeah, the door was locked, nothing could've got in it."

"That's weird," he mutters.

"And we only registered one anomaly which is this one," I say.

"We searched the entire building, and there's no other sign of an incursion. I don't get it," Becker mutters.

We secure the sight, making sure the anomaly is locked and now Connor is playing with his new invention. It's supposed to tell us the exact date of any anomaly so we know what's on the other side without having to step through.

"I'm growing old here, Connor. How long does it take to get a date from this thing?" Jess questions.

"I'm getting something," Connor tells her. "It looks like 1870-ish."

"Ish?" Abby and I ask at the same time.

"Connor, are you sure?" Matt questions.

"Trust the technology, Matt. If that's what is says, then that's what it-"

The anomaly suddenly unlocks.

I look from the locking device to the anomaly. "Wait, what?"

"What happened?" Abby asks.

"No idea," he responds.

Becker gives him a hard stare. "Connor, time to turn your toy off."

"It won't have anything to do with this."

"Turn it off now!"

"Becker, it leads to the Victorian era. What do you think is going to come through? Oliver Twistasaurus?" Becker doesn't look amused. "Fine...there must be a problem with the locking mechanism."