★ S6 E6 | PART 2 - I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Just a heads up, there's going to be quite a few POV changes in this :)

Becker's POV

We're just finishing up at the anomaly site and heading back to the car when Jess calls me. I place my gun in the back before answering.

"Jess, hey?" I'm confused, why didn't she just use coms?

"Becker, I'm going to message you Matt's coordinates. He needs you to meet him." Her voice is rushed but I try not to think too much of it as I jump in the passenger seat of the car, Abby in the drivers seat and Emily in the back.

"Okay, why aren't you using coms though?" I question.

There's a pause in her voice before she speaks. "In case it's bugged."

Okay, now I'm definitely confused. I give Abby a worried look as we drive. "What do you mean bugged? What's going on?"

Jess takes a deep breath. "Lester needs you need to stay calm." What's that supposed to mean?

"Jess..." I warn.

She sighs. "Lizzie's not responding. Connor thinks someone's taken her. He found her Rubik's Cube at the anomaly site and tyre tracks but there were no traces."

I stop dead in my tracks. "What!?" Abby and Emily turn to face me with concern. "Who took her?"

"...Grange."

"Why, why would he do that? What does he want with Lizzie?"

Abby keeps side eyeing me, wanting to know what's happening.

"Look Becker, we're doing everything we can. We're trying to find her, and we're trying to work out what she found. It might give us a clue."

I nod, trying to bite down the worry. I've never been good with stress, and I admire Lizzie for dealing with hers on a day to day basis. Thinking about her Rubik's Cube right now makes me understand why she uses it. I can imagine it really does help.

"Okay." I rub a hand over my face. "We'll head to him. Keep trying Jess. When I find him I'm going to murder him," I mutter before hanging up and turning to Abby. "We're going to meet Matt."

She nods as I input his coordinates to the sat-nav. "What's going on?" she asks. "Who are you planning to murder?"

"Lizzie's missing, Connor reckons it was Grange."

"But I thought he was on our side?" Emily asks and I nod.

"Yeah...all of us thought that but Lizzie."

There's silence in the car the rest of the way until Matt finally stops the car. "Right, this is Grange's location. Let's go."

Lizzie's POV

There's a sharp pain in the back of my head, stretching its way down my neck. A soundless scream escapes my lips as I roll my body to the side to push myself up. The floor underneath me is cold, made of stone, and slightly damp. I blink a few times to adjust my eyesight. The room is dimly lit; it looks like some sort of basement - there aren't any windows and only a singular bulb above me. I lean against the wall as I haul myself to my feet. I look down, feeling something digging its way into my skin and see a singular shackle around my left ankle, the chain attached to the far wall.

I move towards the door, bashing against the metal but quickly give up. It's too thick that if anyone is nearby, they most likely won't be able to hear me. I pull my phone out but there's no signal and I curse, throwing it across the room as my anxiety picks up. I slowly slide back down the wall, my breaths becoming uneven.