★ S7 E14 - Warrior

Enjoy the finale!
Dedicated to Randomone524 :) Thank you for all the love on this story <3

Lizzie's POV

There's a voice near me; they sound frantic, but I can't make out what they're saying until I'm shook by the shoulders.

"Lizzie?" It's Connor. "Lizzie, please." 

"No need to shout," I mutter, cracking my eyes open. 

He practically drags me to my feet before slinging my arm over his shoulder. "You need to stay awake, we've got to move," he says. I still have no clue what's going on and look around to see Abby and Becker aren't with us. 

"Where are they?" I ask, but it comes out as a whisper. 

He gives me an uncertain look but I raise my eyebrows and he sighs. "They went to get help. We couldn't wake you up and Grange has opened another anomaly. There are more predators...we need to move, we need to hide until help comes." 

"But Bec-"

"Becker will be fine," Connor speaks my thoughts. "Worry about yourself for once and let us save you." I'm about to say something but he stops me. "It's not your fault, Lizzie, however much you try to say that it is. He may be after you, but that's because of him and Patrick, not you. You're not the reason any of us are hurt, that's on Grange. Please, stop blaming yourself." 

I stare at him for a moment. "I thought you'd all be mad..." I mutter, "I thought I dragged you into a war you didn't want any part in..." 

Connor grabs my hand, squeezing it tight. "We're all in this together." 

I smirk through the pain. "Quoting High School Musical, Temple. I never thought I'd see the day." 

"Well, you'll be seeing many more of them." 

My smile is faint. That's a small dig that we're getting out of here, even though I'm not so sure right now. Grange isn't exactly backing down. We move ourselves into a more enclosed room and shut the door quietly. Connor begins moving random objects to block the door while I stand back, leaning heavily against the wall. 

"Right, that should do it," he mutters, turning back to me and I take in his look for a moment. Tired, defeated, but somehow still smiling.

"I'm sorry," I say suddenly.

He sighs. "I told you that you don't need to be, this isn't your fau-" He steps forward. 

"No. No, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm just sorry for everything because if we don't get out of here I'm going to hate myself for not saying it." I adjust my footing to lessen the weight on my injured leg. "You've been by my side since the beginning, Connor. It's always been you and me. We're like sugar and spice."

He laughs. "I'm guessing you're the spice." 

"Obviously. But seriously Connor, I am sorry for everything. These past few years have been nothing but painful and all I've done is push you guys away when all you wanted to do was help me." I slide down the wall when my leg gives out and Connor moves to sit next to me. "I thought I was all alone but I've been blind to everything right in front of me." 

He pulls me closer to him, pushing my head lightly down onto his shoulder. "I'm sorry too. I tried my best, but I should have done more. You're my best friend Lizzie, and I don't say it enough but I care so much for you. You're the little sister I never had." I laugh, but it's cut off when I'm hit with more pain. "Are you okay?" he asks, moving so that he can look me in the eye. Smart move, Connor. Smart move. Now I can't lie.