★ S6 E7 | PART 3 - Death Comes Knocking On My Door

This chapter is dedicated to Randomone524 and brae_articfox17

I'm sorry... :(

Becker's POV

My heartbeat matches the tick of the second hand on the clock. I watch as the red line moves its way around the face, before starting over. That's when my thoughts repeat. When I fear the worst. Lizzie lost output three times on the drive to the hospital, and now she's in surgery. I can't breathe thinking about how vulnerable she must be, lying on that operating table. Her body was a mess when we found her, covered head to toe in blood and bruises. 

"Becker...?" I look up to see Lester standing there; he looks like he's been crying. "How is she?" 

My head drops and I stare at her Rubik's Cube in my hands. "Not good," I whisper. "She's in surgery and uh...well they haven't really told me anything else." I twist the cube a few times. "I can't lose her Lester." My voice cracks as more tears begin to fall.

He moves forward, sitting down next to me with caution. "Lizzie's been through a lot, and it doesn't always look like it, but she's strong. She'll get through this. We all will." 

I shake my head as her broken body appears in my mind, drowning my thoughts. "Have the police found Grange yet?" 

Lester looks at me sadly. "No, but they're still out looking. We'll get him, I can assure you of that." 

I'm not sure at what point Lester leaves, but I'm alone when a doctor finally comes walking down the corridor. My body is too emotionally drained to move so instead I remain sitting, waiting.

"Hilary Becker?" I nod. "Elizabeth's out of surgery. We did lose her another few times on the table, but she seems to be fighting. There's a long way to go yet, and she's not out of the woods, but you're welcome to come and see her if you'd like." 

I follow the doctor down the corridor, my heartbeat drowning my hearing as it pounds in my head. We reach a door and I peak through the glass. Swallowing down my fear, I take a deep breath before walking in. 

Lizzie's hooked up to so many wires, and there are bandages all over her body, with what's left visible covered in nasty shades of red, purple, and black. 

"I'll give you a minute," the Doctor says before leaving. 

I take a few small steps towards her, falling down into the plastic chair next to her bed. Her hand is cold, and deathly pale when I pick it up, cradling it in my own. 

"Please come back to me Lizzie...I can't lose you. Who else is going to deal out the sarcastic comments everyday? Or stand up to Lester? Or be fashionably late? Who else is going to question everything and always find an answer? We can't survive without you Lizzie, and we know you can't survive without us, so please...please come back. We're all here." My voice cracks and I allow my head to fall slowly, resting on the bed just short of her hand.