S5 E5 - I Can't Hide Anymore

"So I leave you for a matter of days, and in that time, you nearly destroy the ARC and you turn out to be either a visitor from the future or, in fact, and I think this is the more likely option, clinically mad," Lester says to Matt.

"The former. But then, I would say that if I was clinically mad, right?" Matt responds, sending me a smirk.

Lester doesn't seem to find it funny and his eyes move over to me. "And you, you knew? How long?"

I shrug. "I had my reasons."

He turns to Becker who I've been ignoring ever since he walked in. "Don't you have security checks for this sort of thing? And I thought you knew everything about your girlfriend here? How did you not find out?"

"Sorry, sir, the machine that checks whether people are from the future was out of order, and my-" He pauses, looking for the right word to use. "-colleague here kept it well under wraps."

Lester glances my way but I don't make eye contact and look to Abby and Connor who both give me a small smile.

"So, Philip was in league with Helen and the machine he's building is the trigger to the end of the world?"

"In a nutshell," Matt says.

"I'll talk to the Minister, see if I can get a DA25, get him shut down."

"Well, as daring, last-minute attempts to save the world go, that's really bureaucratic," I mutter.

"Do we have an alternative?" Lester asks, his voice rising in annoyance.

"Yes. I go to New Dawn and shut it down," Matt tells him. "I got the security codes and building schematics from Connor."

"If he can make it to the machine, he should be able to sabotage it," Connor explains.

"Connor, I need you to distract Philip and keep him away from the machine to buy me some time, okay?"

Connor doesn't get a chance to respond to Matt as the door opens and the 'man of the hour' Philip walks in.

"What an awkward silence. Anything I should know?"

"No, no, no, no. Purely routine," Lester quickly speaks. "Well, thank you. Dismissed." None of us move. "Come on, those dinosaurs don't chase themselves."

"What if you're not supposed to stop the machine? What if it's actually your intervention that makes everything go wrong?" Connor questions Matt as we all head down the corridor.

"Then the world goes to shit," I say monotonously.

Matt side glances me before turning his attention back to Connor. "I deal with that every day. All I know is that there's something I have to do and I really think this is it."

"And if you're wrong?"

I hit Connor's shoulder. "Then he's responsible for the deaths of everybody on this planet."

The alarm sounds and I speed up towards Jess, prepping my gun and pulling out the keys to my bike.

"Jess, what have we got?" Matt asks.

"Just give me a second. Okay, it's somewhere in the city centre." She's silent for a moment.

"Jess?" I ask aloud, getting impatient.

She doesn't say anything more as she pulls up some live news coverage.

"A T-Rex is rampaging through the city. It's mayhem."

She changes the channel.

"Panic has broken out across the city. Unconfirmed reports are coming in of a creature running wild ."