★ S7 E13 - With Or Without You

I've written this so many times and to be honest, I'm still not happy with it, but figured I'd post it and maybe you guys would enjoy it.

Abby's POV

"Oh my god, are you guys okay?" I ask, running up to them. Emily doesn't look good and Lizzie doesn't look much better.

"Peachy," Lizzie mutters, giving me a small smile, but it fades when our silence is overtaken by the clicking of a predator.

Danny pushes us all into a room nearby and myself and Connor hold the door in place, just to be sure.

It hits the door, screeching, and Danny places Emily down next to Lizzie before coming and helping us. I close my eyes, focusing on keeping the door shut. It keeps hitting it, the door shifting open slightly. Then I feel myself falling and open my eyes as I hit the floor to see the door swing open. The predator appears but in an instant, several gun shots ring out and it falls to the floor dead. I turn around just in time to see Lizzie dropping the gun as she falls, Danny leaping forwards to grab her.

"Lizzie, hey, Lizzie are you okay?" Danny asks and she nods, mumbling a quiet yes.

I look down at her leg and there's definitely more blood than there was. I rip off the bottom of my shirt and kneel down, tying it tightly around the gunshot wound. She bites her lip to avoid screaming out in pain and I send her an apologetic look when I tighten it more.

"The building should be clear of predators. Get out now," Matt orders and I help Lizzie to her feet, Connor just on the other side of her while Danny gets Emily. Without a word, he runs out with Emily for an ambulance.

"Abby? Connor? Lizzie?" I hear Becker call out a few minutes later.

"Here!" Connor yells now that's it's safe to do so.

There are footsteps growing faster and louder until a frantic Becker appears from around the corner. His eyes immediately settle on Lizzie.

He runs over, gently lifting her head up and she smiles slightly.

Becker turns to me. "I've got her." He lifts her up into his arms and starts walking. "Come on, this way."

Becker's POV

"Lizzie, talk to me!" My voice is urgent. She hasn't complained about me carrying her which she normally would have done by now.

"So you can tell me I'm an idiot for running into danger?" she mutters. "Cause if you really wanna know, not my fault." Her voice is strained.

"You're a magnet for danger, you know that?"

She smiles. "Mhmm."

I look down at her leg; there's a lot of blood but I try to ignore it.

"Did Emily and Danny get out?" Connor asks and I nod.

"Yeah, he got her to an ambulance." I look back at Lizzie and she catches my eye.

"I'm fine Becker, I'm not dying," Lizzie tells me. She lifts her head slightly, her eyes resting on her blood soaked trousers. "I'll agree that that's not good though."

As we near the exit, Connor and Abby move in front of us, leading the way with their guns raised. I keep looking down to check on Lizzie but she seems to be spaced out.

"You good?" I ask but she doesn't say anything. Her gaze is focused behind me, fear etching away at her features. I turn around and freeze.

"Do you not know how to just leave people alone?" I ask, placing Lizzie down so I can grab my gun but keep an arm of hers over my shoulder.