S5 E2 - Not Everything Is Easy

If there's one thing I hate more than Phillip, it's my alarm. It always ruins the blissfulness that is my sleep. NEVER can I actually have a lie in...not in this job.

I sigh, slamming my hand down on the alarm until it stops before rubbing a hand over my face. I know that sooner or later I'm going to have to get up. If I'm late, Phillip and Matt will murder me. Becker will already be there, running security checks and doing whatever else it is that he chooses to do. I on the other hand like my sleep, so I arrive at the latest possible time I can, and thanks to Lester, no one can fire me for doing so.

My phone buzzes on the night stand and I pick it up to see a message from Matt.

Need to talk to you.

I quickly throw on some clothes and grab a cereal bar before heading out of the door. I know Becker won't approve of my breakfast choice because it's 'not enough' but he doesn't have to know.

When I arrive, I head straight to Matt who's in my office. Upon walking in, he locks the door.

"What's going on?" I ask, looking between him and my now locked door.

"I've looked into Prospero's property portfolio."

"And?" I ask, leaning against my desk.

"Last year Philip bought a decommissioned power station. Tell me what that's about."

I sigh defeated. "I don't know Matt, I wasn't here," I say. "Let me talk to Connor."

Matt shakes his head. "I don't think we can risk that."

"But if he knew Helen was in any way involved with Philip, he'd have nothing more to do with him, not after what he did to my Dad...or me." I whisper the last part.

"You're letting your emotions cloud your judgement."

"Oh, what, like you did with Emily?" My voice is sharp.

Matt doesn't have a chance to respond as the anomaly alarm goes off and I head off quickly ahead of him. As I run into the main hub however, Lester appears.

"No running in the corridors!" Lester yells.

"So fire me," is my response as I come to a stop behind Jess.

"Don't tempt me Elizabeth," he mutters and I laugh. Lester couldn't last without me again.

"Coordinates, 56, 21.9, 2, 48.8," Jess tells us and my face screws up, confused.

"That's a new one," Connor says.

I turn to him. "Yeah, it's the middle of the North Sea."

* * *

"There was a marine animal caught up on the bridge when we surfaced," the man tells us as we head along the dock.

"Could that have been what attacked your boat?" Abby asks.

"No, too small. But it's not like any creature I've seen before."

"So where's the body now?" I ask.

"On board." My pace slows, realising that we're going to end up on that submarine. "I'm not happy about this," he tells us, stopping us all in our tracks.

"Captain, we've both got our jobs to do, so let's just get ahead and do them, yeah?" Matt says.

"And I don't care how 'specialist' your weapons are, they're not coming on board my boat." I feel a small rise in my anxiety and clutch my gun tighter. "If there's a need for firearms, we've a more than adequate armoury."