★ S7 E7 - Battles Become Wars

Randomone524 Revenge?

Lizzie's POV

"Lizzie," a voice says as I feel something hit my cheek but the darkness is so strong, it's pulling me, "come on Lizzie wake up, please!" Becker? It's clearer this time but still my body resists, "Jenny!" I hear movement around me but my brain keeps zoning in and out. I feel someone lightly shake me but I still can't find the power to open my eyes.

"We need to get her out of here, it's not safe," another voice speaks in my head and I instantly recognise it to be Jenny.

Slowly my eyes manage to flicker open, although everything around me is blurred, and I see the outlines of both of them knelt over me.

"Oh my god you're okay," Becker breathes out, lightly pushing a stray piece of hair behind my ear. I remain silent as I try to regain my senses with no such luck.

"Guys, we've found her," Jenny says into coms. "What happened?" she asks, concern spread across her face. "We found the car wreck. Was that you?"

"I-" My voice is barely audible as my head burns in pain.

"You mentioned Grange on the phone," Becker says and I nod, though it hurts to do so. "Was it him? Did he do this?"

So many questions...my mind keeps spinning...I nod.

"Who's Grange?" Jenny asks Becker.

"Long story, but no one good. He was responsible for Lizzie's-" He stops, looking at me. 

"Death," I finish for him. 

Jenny nods as she slowly sits me up before pulling me to my feet; the forest spins slightly and I hold her tighter for support. "Are you okay?" Her voice is full of concern and she gets a tighter grip on me. Becker steps closer, a look of worry across his face and this time, he doesn't try to hide it. He rarely shows his emotions around the team, it's kind of weird to see.

I take a deep breath when a wave of nausea hits me, but nothing happens. I feel almost numb, like I'm not really here.

"I don't feel too good," I whisper. "I can't focus." Even forming a sentence takes up most of my brain power and I feel my eyes rolling back slightly but fight for consciousness. "Jenny-" I start, looking up to face her.

"You're okay," she tells me, looking around. "Where's Grange now?" 

Tears well up in my eyes as she pulls me closer, stopping me from slipping out of her hold and falling to the ground. "I don't know..."

"Connor, Abby, Emily, have you guys found anything?" 

I don't hear their answer but judging by Becker and Jenny's face, they haven't. My heartbeat is too fast, I know that, but I can't slow it down. Knowing Grange is still out there scares me. He said I'd finish the job myself but if he meant suicide then he's definitely wrong. Then I remember something.

"Wait...the anomaly, ther-"

"We dealt with it," Becker says, pushing some hair behind my ear but I flinch as the strands brush over a cut. "I'm sorry." 

"It's okay," I whisper but it's really not. Nothing is. Jenny steps away from me as the others return and Becker places one of my arms around his neck. 

"Are you okay, Lizzie?" Connor asks as he makes his way over. Jenny, Abby and Emily have walked away, probably so I can't hear their conversation. 

Becker's POV

"Are you okay, Lizzie?" Connor asks as he makes his way over to us. 

She doesn't respond. Her eyes are staring through him, like she's here but she's not. I pull her closer to me and feel her heart beating overtime. "Hey, Lizzie?" I move her so we're facing each other and I rest my hands on her cheeks. She doesn't acknowledge me. "Lizzie?"