S4 E6 - The Light In My Tunnel

I lean against some of Lester's cabinets as he speaks to myself, Becker and Emily. It's the first time I've properly met this Emily woman that Matt's been protecting - she's from the past - that's really as much as I know, oh, and the crazy ass guy she brought here with her...great decision.

"So, to sum up, we're looking for a psychopath from Victorian England, who can drive a car and seems perfectly at home in the 21st century," Lester tells us.

"Emily, you said he was from 1902. If so, perhaps he's got a police record. I could do some digging around." Becker directs the last part at Lester.

"Okay, Becker, you track down this Ethan character," Lester commands.

"I'm not going back without Ethan," she tells us.

"Ethan's not going anywhere. When we find him, he's going straight to prison. I suggest you rejoin your friends while you've still got the chance."

"It's her decision," Matt says as he walks into the room. "She should stay if she wants."

"He's right of course, but if you do, I shall have to inform Philip and the Minister."

"What will that mean for me?" she questions.

"We won't be able to protect you," I tell her.

"She should stay. She's our only real link to Ethan," Matt says.

Lester relaxes in his chair. "You'd better not let her out of your sight, then."

"We have an anomaly alert. Hitting 190, 20 miles, sending coordinates now," Jess tells us over coms.

Without another word, I head out of Lester's office and make it to the SUV's, jumping into the drivers seat. Abby climbs into the front passenger seat and Connor in the back.

When we arrive, we head into the building but have no signal.

"Jess, we're in the hallway with no signal. What have you got?" Matt asks.

"I'm just loading the floor plans now."

We keep searching but don't find an anomaly or any sign of an incursion. "Still nothing, Jess. You got visual?"

"The anomaly's in the basement. There's an entrance in the northwest corridor."

"You guys find the anomaly. I'll do a perimeter check," I tell them, quickly walking away.

Abby and Connor lead but Matt turns to me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just...need to take things slow," I tell him and he nods before heading off.

Once I've done the perimeter check, I head back towards the SUV to wait for the others. I'm lying down across the backseats when I hear voices getting closer. As I exit the vehicle however, no-one's there.

"Connor? Abby? Matt?"

Something hits the back of my head, knocking me to the floor and I groan as I push myself off of the ground. Looking up, I see Emily running off towards the house.

"Emily, wait!" I yell but she just keeps running.

Entering the building, I pick up on voices and follow their sound down the endless corridors until I barge into a room where I find Connor, Abby, Matt and...

I freeze.

"Lizzie?"

It can't be.

"How are you?"

I still can't move, nor can I speak.

Connor and Abby sense my unease and push on whatever conversation they were having.