★ S7 E11 - End Game

Complete self plug but the video above is a cover I just uploaded so if y'all wanna check it out, I'll love you forever - let me know what you think :D 

Also, definitely did not name this chapter after Avengers: End Game. Of course I didn't. Okay, yeah...I kinda did but I'm literally on my way to go and see it RIGHT NOW! AHHH, SEE YOU ALL ON THE OTHER SIDE! I will not post any spoilers, but if you've seen it and want a discussion, my messages are open :)

"Enjoying your stay?" Grange asks, walking into the room.

"What do you want?" Connor's voice is hard. We've been in here a few hours, left alone. No one's come in until now. Connor and Emily stopped trying to harass me about my feelings an hour ago. I can't get my head around how I forgot the truth, but I'm assuming that's something only Patrick or Danny can tell me. Something must have happened while I was out because while in and out of consciousness, I was alone...at least, I think I was.

"I just want a little word with Beth here," Grange says. I don't react. I can't react. I can't show weakness. Not now, not ever. Weakness is what got me into all of this.

"That's not her name," Connor hisses.

"So you didn't used to call her it?" He's taunting him now.

"It's Lizzie, okay? Lizzie. Not Beth." Connor sounds like he's begging.

"You're very quiet over there Beth," he says and I bite down the urge to say anything. I keep my head down, refusing to look his way because if I look, I fear he'll break me further.

"And who's fault is that?" Connor asks.

He laughs. "Oh, I see...she remembers, doesn't she? Well it's about time."

"She did nothing to Eth-Patrick. She doesn't deserve this," Emily says.

"Look darling, what's your name? Emma?"

"It's Emily."

"Yeah well I'm going to call you Emma. It doesn't matter what Beth did or didn't do, I have a job to do and I plan on carrying it out."

"Then why haven't you?" I ask, finally speaking up and turning to face him.

"Figured I'd enjoy myself first. Let you all suffer. I mean, come on, I'm getting a three for one deal here so why wouldn't I spend time relishing in the moment?"

I step towards him. "You're sick."

He smirks. "No darling, I think you'll find you are." He points to his head. "Up here." The gun spins in his hand as he moves forward. "You have been for quite some time."

"What are you talking about?"

"The mood swings, the nightmares no one knows about, the endless nights of wishing you died the day you came face to face with Patrick. No one made you forget, Beth. You did that to yourself. You blocked out the truth and replaced it with something you thought you could handle, but even that destroyed you. And now look at you." The gun brushes over my scar. "Little Elizabeth Cutter, orphan, weak, broken."

"Shut up!" Connor yells but I step in front of him. Emily moves to stand next to him.

"I'm starting to see why you've been my hardest target. So full of fire and hope, still with that newfound sense of innocence that no matter how bad the world gets for you, you'll always make it a better place for everyone else." He pushes the gun into my chest. "It was a mistake."

I grit my teeth. "My only mistake was allowing you to corrupt my thoughts."

Grange's lips twitch as he stares at me and I don't break eye contact. "How about we play a game?" I look towards Connor and Emily, dreading what he's about to say next. "We'll call it the End Game. If you survive this, I'll leave you and your friends alone and you can go back to living your broken life. How does that sound?"