S1 E5 - Left For Dead

Beth's P.O.V

Helen didn't let go until she'd dragged me through two anomalies. Yeah, two! Our anomaly was a gateway to a series of many more and I hadn't the faintest clue where I was. When she eventually slowed down we were in a wooded area and I pulled myself away from her.

"What the hell!?" I yelled but she didn't seem phased by my anger.

"I wouldn't shout if I were you, you don't know what's out there."

I'd just about had it. "Screw you Helen. Screw you." I began to walk away but she grabbed me once again. I glared deep into her eyes, trying to shrug off her grip. "Let. Me. Go." My voice was sharp but still, she barely flinched.

She smiled. "I'm sorry Elizabeth."

At first I was confused but then I felt a force hit the back of my head and the world gave way to darkness.

* * *

Nick's P.O.V

"Beth!" I screamed after her. I went to run through but several of Ryan's men held me back. I saw Stephen run forward and he made it through though it felt like a lifetime before he returned. When he did my heart dropped - he was alone.

"Where is she?" I asked, pulling myself out of the soldiers grip.

"I don't know, there's no way I could have followed her. It was like a spaghetti junction of anomalies, it would've been like running into a Hall of Mirrors." Stephen explained.

"Dammit!" Nick slammed his hands down on a trolley.

"Let me guess," Claudia turned to Stephen, "not one sabre-toothed cat in sight."

"Not even a kitten." He smiled but it soon faded. Beth was through one of those anomalies with Helen and god knows where in the past by now.

"You tried to follow her." Claudia said to Nick.

"She took Beth! What did you expect me to do, let Helen take her?" Nick stressed and Claudia's face softened slightly.

"We'll get her back Nick."

* * *

Beth's P.O.V

My head throbbed, a burning sensation ripping through me from the back of my neck upwards to my skull. I groaned as I sat up, blinking back the dizziness and looked around. I was still in the forest, possibly in the exact same place but Helen was nowhere to be seen. Using a nearby tree for support, I pulled myself to my feet and stumbled forward as the world tipped once more but regained my senses quickly. I didn't need to assess my head to know it was bleeding as I could feel the warmth of it cascading slowly down the side of my head.

I knew I needed to move because my blood would attract predators but I had no clue where I was or where I was going. I didn't know how far in the past I was or how to get home.

"Crap..." I muttered as I was overtaken with another wave of pain but breathed through it. I had to get home.

It's times like these I would simply call my Dad or Stephen but unless Helen spent the last eight years installing cellular telephone sites across the past I was screwed.

I tried to think of the things Stephen's taught me over the years, he is after all an amazing tracker, so that I might be able to follow Helen and I's path back to the anomaly site but the lingering pain in my head made it hard to think.

"Come on Beth, pull yourself together." I muttered to myself and set off deeper into the woods.

I don't know how long I walked for before passing out from blood loss but I woke up in some sort of camp and sat up, completely disorientated.