Chapter 38-The Other Side

This part is honestly never part of my original set of chapters to be posted. However, I still don't want to end this story just like that so I added this so everyone could see the other side of the story.

Here we'll find out a lot. *winks*

Please do enjoy!

Chapter 38—The Other Side

Two days before the meeting

Lady Silena was seated at the velvet chair on her office. She was looking at her computer tiredly. Nothing is new and she hated it. Catherine and Jason were in New York for the princess’ dream. Stephen, however, was busy with his duties in his own kingdom. Here she was, bored and really close to calling Princess Angelique.

Silena and Princess Angelique weren’t the closest of all people. In fact, if there are lists of people written on a very tiny sheet of paper that the Princess doesn’t like, she knew her name would be there.  In bold letters, may we add?

The Princess doesn’t like her for being too close to her brother. She was feeling jealous that Silena would take her brother away from him. Silena tried her best to win the little princess’ heart but she always failed.

She then remembered the young princess telling her: “I only want Priscilla for my brother, okay? You can’t marry him!”

It was like a slap on her face and ego. Was it really obvious that she liked Stephen that much? That she was actually volunteering to replace Priscilla from Stephen’s heart? It was a tough mission, she knew. She can’t even make the Queen and King to root for her. She knew, Jason and Catherine weren’t on her side either.

A knock on her office shook her out of her thoughts. “Lady Silena, this is Fabio. I’m here to report, your majesty.” A deep voice from the other side of the door said before the door opened.

“What is it about?” She asked. From the various tasks she asked Fabio to do, she wasn’t sure which one was he referring to.

“I have found Priscilla Hamilton, your majesty.” Fabio announced after he sat down at the chair before the Lady. His announcement took the interest of the Lady. Her eyes were wide enough and doesn’t look droopy the second before that.

“Please continue.” She said as she sat up straight. She looked really eager about the news, Fabio noticed.

“It seems like she left Edinburgh few weeks after Prince Stephen got back at their kingdom. Sources have said that she looked quite depressed during the last few weeks she spent on Edinburgh.”

“It must be because of their breakup.” Silena interrupted.

“Indeed, your majesty.” Fabio agreed. “According to sources, the woman stayed at home almost the entire time.”

“I thought you have found Priscilla? Why are you telling me the things that occurred in Edinburgh? Are you trying to tell me she was just in Edinburgh all this time?” Silena asked impatiently.

“I am just getting there, your majesty.” Fabio answered. “After those weeks, as what I have said, she left Edinburgh. She got hired in a company based in New York. She is currently working under Mclean Exports. Her direct boss is Maxine McLean.”

“She is in New York? Do you know where she is staying?”

“I don’t know the exact address, your majesty. However, I found out that she is currently sharing an apartment with a woman named Natasha Greene who works as a designer for Zac Posen.”