Chapter 32-Open Up (✔ edited)

Updated! :D

Please do read Author's note after the chapter :)

Jason on the side >>

Chapter 32—Open Up

Tears started streaming down Catherine’s face. Damn, she thought. She shouldn’t be crying inside the car at a goddamn parking lot. A princess like her shouldn’t be caught crying. She shouldn’t be crying. She was not that crying little girl who would always run to her brother anymore.

“Hey.” Jason said as he placed his hand on her shoulder. His voice was a mixture of panic and concern. He hadn’t seen her cry since she had found out her brother was alive. “Cath, please don’t cry.”

He continued to run his hand on her shoulder as he tried to unfasten his seat belt. Screw this seat belt. Screw the gears that were set in between them. Screw the limited space the car has. He just wanted to pull his girl and to hug her tight. She is his girl maybe not yet, but he won’t give up. “Cath, why are you crying? Please don’t cry.”

She just continued sobbing. Both of her palms were covering her gorgeous face. Jason then reached for her and made her face him. “Talk to me, please.”

He held her wrist and pulled it away from her face. The princess looked away; embarrassed knowing there might be smudges on her face. Her mascara, she wasn’t sure if it was even waterproof. It must have smeared by now.

Even with her eye liner had blotched a little, she was still the most beautiful girl Jason has ever seen. “Princess, please. I just told you I love you. Please talk to me.” He pleaded his eyes searching for hers.

“At least tell me why you are crying” He added pleadingly. He gets a little frustrated as time goes by.

“Just drive me home.” She answered in a clipped tone, still not meeting his gaze. It would be pretty embarrassing to answer his questions.

“I’m not driving unless you tell me what’s going on your mind right now?” He demanded firmly. He wouldn’t want her to just push her away. He knew something was up and there’s no way in hell he’d just let it slide. He wouldn’t want to see her cry again so he had to fix it now.

“Just…” She can’t find the courage to speak up. Add the fact that Jason’s face was just inches away from her and his hands were holding her. She just can’t concentrate, actually.

“Just?” Jason asked, encouraging her to continue.

“I just don’t know what to feel anymore!” She confessed as she pulled her wrists away from Jason’s. She even twisted her body so she would be facing the tree in front of their car. “One minute I felt so lucky. Next minute I felt so jealous. I felt betrayed. I felt joy. I felt excitement. I felt… God, of all people why should I fall for my brother’s best friend?”

“What?” Jason’s eyes widened as he listened to Catherine’s babble. He wasn’t sure if he was just day dreaming or he was actually hearing it from her.

“I’m not going to repeat what I have just said. If you missed it, then you missed it.” Catherine responded as she looked away, her gaze now on the window.”

“You love me too?” Jason asked, as if he wasn’t able to hear what the princess just warned her. “Did I hear that correctly?”

Catherine just took a deep breath. She rolled her eyes as she faced Jason. “You heard me, right? I won’t be re—”