Chapter 29-Stay or New York? (✔ edited)

I'm updating fast. horaaay!

Thank you for all those who have voted, Be My Queen ranked 394 in the Chicklit category. :D It may not be as high as the others but it meant a lot to me!

Happy Mother's day to all mothers out there! :)

Chapter 29—Stay or New York?

As Prince Stephen started to explain the situation to his best friend, Jason started turning his shocked face into a smirk. Princess Catherine wished Jason wasn’t smirking looking at her that way. She wished he would look dejected at the favour asked upon by Prince Stephen so he would turn down the favour but of course, that was Jason. He was looking at the princess smugly rather than dejectedly.

Telling his best friend about his unfamiliar feeling towards the princess earlier, Jason was amused that Stephen wasn’t mad or outraged. He was actually welcoming the idea of Jason and Catherine together. Then Princess Catherine knocked and talked to Stephen privately.

After Princess Catherine told Stephen about her plans of going to New York to be a model for some designer named Zac Posen, Stephen knew it would break his sister’s heart if he wouldn’t allow her. Thinking of a quick solution for him not to worry, he knew Jason would be the best companion for Catherine.

Jason just told Stephen about his alien feeling towards the princess. He didn’t feel mad about it. He knew if it would be Jason, he would actually be able to sleep in peace knowing how reliable his best friend is. Not to mention if Jason liked the princess, he wouldn’t fail to keep an eye on the princess.

“You have got to be kidding, Stephen.” Catherine cried shaking her head in disbelief. She had been pacing back in forth in front of his brother and his brother’s best friend. “I…I’m an adult now. I can take care of myself.”

“Of course! I know that.” Stephen smiled at her. “The fact that you don’t know how to operate a washing machine meant you could take good care of yourself.”

“And Jason can’t even bake cakes!” The princess answered stomping her feet. She was throwing her arms inanimately into the air. “He doesn’t even know how to choose a good perfume for a girl!”

Stephen chuckled at his sister’s answer. Jason, even though Catherine has been pointing out his flaws, joined his best friend in laughing.

“Cath, he is good at guns and martial arts.” The prince tried to point out calmly, holding back his laughter.

“I would go to New York to model not to join some violent TV shows!”

“My point is that he could take a good care of you. I mean he could assure me that you are in good hands. I can’t leave the kingdom just to be sure my younger sister would be fine in New York.”

“We can just hire a body guard if you want to!”

“My decision is final. If you want to go and pursue a modelling career in New York, you have to go with Jason. If you won’t go with him, then you’ll stay here.” Stephen told her firmly which made the princess’ face look defeated.

“I’ll just buy some cakes if you wanted one instead of baking if that’s your problem.” Jason said making the princess look at his direction. She then glared at him. “Men have different taste in perfume. Don’t blame me for that one.”

“That one smelled like a guy’s perfume rather than a woman’s!” Catherine crossed her arms still glaring at Jason. “I haven’t and would never be using that!”