Chapter 28-Princess Catherine (✔ edited)

Hi! :D This story is now back on track :) It's not on hold. :D

If you have read the story around 2013 or before I have edited this story (Which is around the last week of January 2014), I suggest you reread the story because of the details I have added in almost all of the chapters.

Anyway, here it is. :D

Chapter 28—Princess Catherine

After the ball, Lady Silena from the kingdom of Crissota became close with Prince Stephen. She could recall how beautiful his eyes were and how it made her heart flutter. She felt so happy whenever she was around him. She knew his heart doesn’t belong to her and that it belonged to someone far away.

Weeks after they became acquainted with each other, they soon became friends. She’d often visit their kingdom and hang around with him. She would invite them, mostly him, to parties held at their kingdom. 

Princess Catherine would notice how frequent Lady Silena would come and visit at their kingdom. She was taught how to be hospitable and to be courteous towards a visitor. She knew she should actually be happy that her brother seemed to be fascinated with this Lady but she doesn’t know why she doesn’t like her.

Perhaps it was the way she looked at her brother hopefully or the way she tried her best to win his heart. Maybe it wasn’t really because of her brother but because of how she would always talk to Jason whenever she’d visit. She notice how she would always look for him and talk to him privately. It pisses the princess off whenever Jason would just answer him “It’s nothing”.

Months have passes and the Princess had finally become friendlier with the Lady in comparison with their initialrelationship. The lady opened up to her. Silena told her she liked her brother. She needed her approval and support. The princess found out that the lady was only asking for Jason’s help.

She neverapproved nor disapproved her and she remained impassive. She remained sceptical. She would just let her brother decide. It wasn’t because the Lady was a bitch towards her but because she doesn’t liketo meddle with his brother’s love life.

Months after the ball, she would always try to avoid a certain topic with Jason. She would always pretend she doesn’t get what he means or pretend that she did not hear what he said. She knew herbrother might disapprove. She knew their feelings weren’t serious and it was only because they are always confined inside the palace and that they rarely hang out with other people.

One of her dreams is to be able to penetrate a different crowd—A crowd who doesn’t know her real identity, a crowd who wouldn’t give her a special treatment just because she is a princess. She wanted people to look up to her not because of her status in their kingdom but because she worked for it. So, getting an offer from a fashion designer in New York to be a model, she became so excited.

She has talked to her parents about it and allowed her. The king and queen knew the designer and he assured that the princess will be well taken care of and safe. Her younger sister, Princess Angelique, was happy yet sad. The younger princess would miss her so bad. She then assured her she would call or video chat every now and then. Now, the only approval she needed was his brother’s.

She took a deep breath before knocking twice at his door. Few seconds later, the door flew open and Jason greeted her. She almost forgot about him. Almost. She hasn’t told him about her plans. She made it sure no one would spill the news yet.

“Hi.” She greeted as she smiled dryly. “Is my brother inside?”

He just nodded as a response and gestured for her to come inside. She was still as beautiful as ever, Jason thought.

“Hi.” Catherine greeted her brother nervously. Stephen looked at her quizzically. He knew it wasn’t like her to be nervous when talking to him.

“Don’t tell you have a boyfriend and you’re planning to introduce him to me that’s why you’re that nervous.” The prince told her chuckling. He was actually expecting for his best friend to chuckle along with him but he was surprised he heard nothing from him. He glanced at Jason who looked impaled. Was it just his imagination?

“I don’t have a boyfriend, okay?”Catherine defended right away. She was sending his brother daggers by her looks. She then sighed and looked at Jason. “Can you leave us for a minute?”

“Okay, sixty seconds then.” Jason smiled.

“Don’t come in until I get out of his room.”

“in sixty seconds.” Jason added again, teasing the princess before he left. He hasn’t been talking with the princess for a while now. She would always avoid him.

“What is it that you even told Jason to leave?” Stephen asked as he closed his laptop and looked at his sister.

“You see, I got an offer from a designer.” She started slowly looking at her brother. Stephen just remained calm waiting for her to continue. “I’ve been asked to model in New York forZac Posen. He promised dad and mom that he wouldn’t let other people know about my real identity. They wouldn’t know I am a princess.”

“That’s New York, Cath.” Stephen told his sister. Cath started to bite the bottom of her lip. “Fine, but I want you to be safe.”

“Of course, I would be.” Cath grinned from ear to ear. She didn’t know it would be this easy to ask for her brother’s permission to go to New York. Her brother is far stricter than her dad sometimes.

“Jason!” Stephen called out as he stood up from his seat. He walked towards the door calling his best friend’s name. “Come here, bro.”

Jason then walked back inside the room. He was confused and nervous why he was called. He looked at Catherine who looked horrified.

“Cath, I’d be fine with you going to New York as long as Jason would be your companion. Personal body guard, assistant, butler or whatever you may want to call it. I could sleep in peace with that,” Stephen told his sister as he slung his arm across his best friend’s shoulder, leaving both shocked. Their mouths were hanging open.

 --

I know it's not really the longest. I had to cut it here though. >__<

Enjoy!  :D