Chapter 27-Lady Silena (✔ edited)

Happy new year, readers!

I'm really sorry for the late update. I'll make it up to you. I'll update again soon. 

TBH, I thought I don't have readers now in this story but don't worry I would still finish this even if its just for one person. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Chapter 27—Lady Silena

It was around four in the afternoon at the kingdom and everyone was so busy, preparing for tonight’s party. It is a celebration for Prince Stephen’s homecoming and his post birthday celebration.

His birthday passed when he was still at Edinburgh and he wasn’t able to celebrate it properly with Priscilla. With Priscilla not knowing his real identity and him who’ve lost track of time, he wasn’t able to recognize his birthday has actually passed.

A knock on his door startled him and pulled him out of his thoughts. “Brother, can I come in?” The young princess asked as she stood outside of her brother’s chamber waiting for him to answer her back.

“Come in, Cath.” He answered as he opened his door allowing her younger sister to walk in.

“I’ve over heard people from Edinburgh have recentlyarrived including the Hamiltons but I am not quite sure whether she is with them or not.” She informed right away just after her brother closed the door. She knew her brother hadto know. Eavesdropping maybe bad but to learn something helpful for her brother, it may not be that bad.

He looked at her, slightly shocked as what her sister did for him. It wasn’t princess-like for her to be like that. He knew very well that they were thought eavesdropping is bad and disrespectful. He smiled at his sister. “Thank you, Cath. You don’t have to go through that extent just to make me feel at ease.” He said smiling at her sister.

“Well, I’m pretty sure our parents would tell you to look for a future queen from all the ladies invited tonight. That’s probably their way of helping you move on.” She added as she walked past his brother and sat at her brother’s king sized bed.  “I will support you no matter what.” She said locking eye contact with her brother.

“You know I am willing to wait for Priscilla. I don’t know…” He answered as he sat beside her sister. “If faith would lead us back together…if I’d ever see her again, I wouldn’t waste any time and I’d definitely make her mine again.”

“For a guy, you sounded dramatic, you know that?” Catherine commented as she gave her brother an amused look.

“For a young princess, you know a lot. So, why don’t you just tell me who is the guy you’re interested right now?” The prince answered, cocking his eyebrows at the princess.

“I-I do not like anyone!” She said stuttering as she glared at her brother and stood up. “How could even you think of that?” She added throwing her hands animatedly in the air.

“You know I hate it when you’re lying, right?” He reminded, giving her younger sister a cold gaze. “I’d let it slip for now for I shall find the truth soon enough and you’ll have to prepare for tonight’s ball.”

“B-but I…” She muttered trying to defend herself but she chose to stop. “Fine, I’ll see you in a bit.” With that, the princess walked out of the room not wanting to argue with her brother about her lying. She wasn’t lying. She was just denying. She, herself, hasn’t sorted out her feelings yet. She knows she shouldn’t be having those kinds of feelings.

**

“Good evening your majesty.” Ysabella greeted as she approached the prince seated at his throne. “You seem bored with the party.”