Chapter 24-Dinner Of Surprises (Part 3) (✔ edited)

I truly apologize for the delay of the update of this chapter. I was so busy with everything then I got sick then go busy again. :/ I hope you would like this update.

By the way half of this chapter is unedited but I hope you don't mind. :/ If there are corrections or anything you would like to raise while reading it feel free to inform me. :) *hugs*

Chapter 24—Dinner of surprises (Part 3)

“Kyle! I told you to stay—. S-Stephen? Prince Stephen?” Jason spoke as his eyes landed on the familiar young man standing next to a beautiful lady, looking sternly at the golden retriever. Stephen then turned towards his direction, meeting his grey orbs with his green ones.

“N-no, mister. I don’t know you but he is not Prince Stephen. If you weren’t informed, Prince Stephen died in an accident few months ago which my parents personally attended to.” Priscilla defended quickly, trying to block out the idea of Prince Stephen and Steve as one person. However, Jason and Stephen’s eyes never broke contact. Stephen was giving Jason the look of ‘You spill another word without my consent, I’ll definitely beat your ass or worse’ which Jason got right away.

Jason then just gulped a little before he broke off his eye contact with Stephen and lied to Priscilla saying: “My apologies, my lady. I’m Jason Brooks, Prince Stephen’s right hand and best friend. I must miss my best friend alotto think that the guy you are with is him. Please do excuse my erroneous assumption.” He then bowed at the lady in front of her.

“Please stand up straight, Mr. Brooks.” She commanded making the other man follow her command. “I do understand you, his death was much unexpected. You do not owe me an apology but you owe him one.” She added smiling a little as she pointed at Stephen.

“Please do accept my apology, mister. It was a palpable mistake I have committed.” He apologized courteously knowing that it was the prince he was talking to but making sure that he has emphasized the word ‘mistake’ to let the prince know that he was lying for his sake.

“It’s nothing to worry about, mister. It definitely was a mistake. I understand it completely.”The prince replied with a touch of bitterness as he mentioned the word ‘definitely’. The two young men just looked at each other as if having a silent conversation.

“Priscilla?” Natasha chimed as she saw her best friend standing silently, looking at the two men. Priscilla then looked at her best friend’s direction and smiled at her saying: “Hey!”

“Glad you’re finally here with Ste-Steve and Jason.” Natasha said trying to speak comfortably. “uhm… I think you guys need to talk before you come inside.” She added as she flashes her best friend a comforting smile before giving Stephen a knowing look. “I mean this should be a night of fun and surprises should only be fun, not the opposite.”

“What do you mean, Natasha?” Priscilla asked as she furrowed her eye brows with confusion. Surely, she is clueless of what is happening or what might happen.

“If Jason over here is herethen most definitely they are here. I just want Steve to be aware of it.” She answered making sure to emphasize the words needed to be emphasized to pass the message to her best friend and Steve. “Let’s give them some privacy, Mr. Brooks.” She instructed as she turned her heels and walked back towards the garden. Jason then smiled at Priscilla and gave his best friend an encouraging look.