Chapter 6

Violet always had an issue battling apprehension. And after the night with Lord Simon, she was sure her anxiety had found it's way up to her brain and probably her heart too.
She did not know why or she did not know how but she felt his presence in a way, in a manner that was inexplicably rough or daunting or just something unusual.

Violet was always warned about Simon; but for once, when she faced him, she did not think of either avoiding him or running away. Instead, she felt a need, a desire, to look deep into his eyes and ask him about his life. Weird may it sound, but she wanted to know him, know things about him and know about all those issues that he'd faced, that had moulded him into a man, the society didn't approve of.

It was something Violet felt, she recognized that she'd never felt before. It was a really unfamiliar feeling.
Violet wanted to clear her head and forget everything regarding the previous night.
So she decided to go buy a few things or perhaps go for a walk.

After buying a few necessities, Violet remembered that she wanted some lavender scent that was available a few streets away in a small and old shop. So she decided to walk a few miles more to get that enchanting scent. She'd always wanted it but always forgot to buy it.

Having never been there before she was unable to locate the shop with only a few details of the address and instead ended up in the wrong direction. Violet frowned. She was on a street that she'd never seen before. There was no one around and the place looked quite old and silent. Violet gulped and started walking in the direction that she'd entered the street in, but before she could get away, she felt a tug at her hand and felt her purse being pulled away. She looked at her hand and then upwards and saw a creepy looking man running away.

"Wait there! MY PURSE!"
Violet started running behind him, but she lost him after a few miles as he escaped swiftly.
Violet wasn't really an athletic person and running that much really took the life out of her. She panted vigorously as she skidded to a halt and fell on the side street unable to catch her breath. There was a large mansion there too. To her dismay, it started raining heavily and before she could do anything or even get up, her line of sight was clouded with rain drops that kept forming timelessly at the rims of her eyes. She was drenched to the bone.
Violet didn't possess the energy to get up and realized that she was contracting cold. Her immunity was extremely weak and the doctors had always advised her to stay away from the rains. But there she was, panting and coughing sitting on an empty side street, realizing her clothes had become muddy too.
She wasn't feeling well at all and kept frowning to keep her head from aching but to no avail.

She was losing her senses too, and suddenly as she felt her eyes closing shut, a servant and a maid came out from the large mansion in front of her eyes, saying something that Violet couldn't quite understand. Her ears were shut tight too as she couldn't hear a word they said.

Deep down she could feel things, but her body was weak and she felt herself being picked up by those people. And then as Violet was on the verge of losing her consciousness, she could feel the day of her childhood when she was almost dead being flashed in her soul.

That day of her childhood when she was eight years old. That day of her childhood when her parents would have lost their child.