Chapter 65

Ugh!!! I am sick and tired of writing this story... Every time I claim I am about to end the story I realize there are many things I haven't resolved in this story. So I am sorry you have to deal with the pace, but that's how it is going to be. I am tryong to range this book to 70-72 chapters.  Love you all.

Nathaniel. 

"Good night." I mumble back and close my eyes. I can tell Elia isn't asleep yet because of how he is fidgeting. 

"You know what... I can't sleep... I'm going out for a while." He announces getting from the bed. I sit up and switch the lamp on. When I look at him, I can tell something really isn't right. I hope it has nothing to do with me turning him down on sex. 

"You're alright?" I ask.

"Yeah-" he sighs sitting back on the bed wearing his hoes, then he suddenly stops and looks back at me. "-no... I just- I can't sleep and it irritates me, I'll be back soon- I just need time alone."

***

The ride back home is tiring, Elia does most of the driving meaning it was silent since he can't drive and talk at the same time. Ugh! He needs to fix his attention problems. He drives to his house and I help him take his bags back inside. 

"Hey, little one." Andy smirks leaning by the door and looking smugly at Elia. 

"Never call me that Andy." he says, but I can tell he isn't angered or saddened by it. "My name is Elia."

"Oh, very nice to know, young one- I mean Elia." he chuckles. "Nathan."

"Sup. You good?"

"I'm alright... anything downstairs you might need me to help with?"

"Actually no." Elia says. "Thanks though."

Elia walks me downstairs. It's already dark outside. He walks me to the car and we walk in silence. Once we reach the car, I lean in and kiss him on the lips. He kisses me back, wrapping his hands around my neck. 

"I love you. And I had so much fun. We should do that again." I pull back and kiss his forehead. He nods and going on his toes. I bend down so he can kiss my lips again. He immediately pulls off before we can deepen anything. 

"I love you too." he smiles. "I'll see you tomorrow okay, at school."

"Ugh! It feels as if I have been living with you forever. It hurts to go home now." I confess resting my head on his shoulder. He chuckles. "I know right? Maybe we shouldn't have come back."

I've come to my conclusion Elia hates living with his grandparents, worse now with Andy. He has told me and made it obvious several times that he would run away, or go for college far away not to see any of his relatives. I guess it's the effects of having lost both his parents, he just wants to disappear from all of them. 

"But we did." 

"We can, perhaps-" he looks away then back at me shaking his head. "Never mind." he says. "I love you, drive well okay- I think it's a better idea if you sleep here and drive in the morning- it's dark now." 

"I should go- I would have wanted to though."

He nods hugging me so tight as if it's the last time we would see each other. I kiss him again and get in the car. He looks at me clearly sad and scared. And I will not lie, that makes me a bit panicky.

***

"Dad! Leo!" I drop my bag on the floor. "I am home." I walk in the kitchen and open the freezer to get a bottle of water.