Chapter 44

So I decided to divide this chapter into two because i didn't want to mix emotions here. Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to jesskehnt, the reason being that we have been together with this story from the beginning, thank you very much jesskehnt! Remember to vote and comment and share with your lovely friends!

Elia.

I narrow my eyes to avoid the wind from watering my eyes. Xander keeps his eyes boring into mine. I don't bother looking away, there is no reason to really. I watch him take a sip of his frothed tea.

"So, he told me all about it... it's official?"

I scoff breaking our contact for the first time since we sat here. I shrug. "What did he tell you?" I ask.

"The same thing as you told me..." he shrugs back.

I nod. I take a sip of my tea, burning my tongue during the process. He smirks looking at me again.

"So... does he-"

"Really dude, you should ask him yourself!" he says for the hundredth time in three days. "Like, both of you are avoiding the 'over' word... unless you're claiming it now..."

"I am not!" I say. "Really, I am not, but he-" my voice breaks as I look at the two mugs on the table.

"Hurt you?"

"Yeah that." I say.

After that we finish our teas in silence, not awkward, but rather comfortable. The waiter comes and asks if we want anything else. We both say no and concentrate on the hot substances.

It's the 23rd of December, meaning a day to my birthday and Christmas. I refused to tag along with my grandparents when they went back home, it was meaningless for me to go while I am on the verge of exploding. For once, I thought I was going to have a nice cool Christmas and birthday with Nathaniel, but unfortunately, that will not happen.

Thinking of this makes my throat dry up, I feel like I am going to cry again but I don't. I just focus on Xander.

"You really like him don't you?" he asks. I let the question pass. "Hey! I'm talking to you!"

"He can't just do that to me!" I exclaim. "I might do like him, but I don't think what he did to me is fair... it's not... he was supposed to say something like 'I'm sorry' or something... not to let me pass like a-"

"Whoa... I was just asking..." he laughs.

I bite onto my bottom lip and focus on my tea. "I just hate what he did... I know I'm not perfect but I think I don't deserve it." I say. "And i hate tea!"

***

It's worse... I mean... it's Christmas and my birthday tomorrow, and the same old agonizing story, Nathaniel and I are not talking.

But although we are not talking, I have no idea why I am walking around in a gift shop looking for what to buy for him. I walk around the gift bag section, there are so many of them, I can't really choose one. I decide not to buy anything, I have the whole day, right now... I am a bit lazy to decide or to think straight.

However, just as I am about to leave the shop, I sport a white big gift bag. I walk to it. Both sides are plain and I seem to like it for that. It's the quality that makes it different and beautiful. Even the prize speaks the quality. I take it, and look around again. Maybe I can get Xander something too, he has been a very good friend of mine, if not the best.