Chapter 52

This is the most boring chapter trust me! But there is more coming today. This chapter is mostly based on Nathaniel and his dad, so there isn't any drama. Thank you for reading!

Nathaniel.

I place the water jar on the table and take a seat. Leo places the last of the dishes on the table and takes a seat himself.

"Help yourself." I take what I want and start to dig in my spaghetti. I look over dad, he looks drained as never before. He coughs covering his mouth with his sleeve and looks at me to give me a small sad smile. Leo clears his throat, looking at dad worry in his eyes.

"How is Elia?" Dad asks. I look away from Leo and down to my plate. I shrug, pretending to not care much. "Okay, I guess." I say. I know how he is, Elia is alright. We went back to school today and well- things weren't so good or bad either. Some people had to call us all fags when we walked into the halls, I ended up beating one of them for calling Elia a 'fairy', I didn't get in trouble for that though, but Elia wasn't fond much of it. It saddened him.

'You didn't have to do that I'm used to it.' he had said as we went to his car in the afternoon during lunch. 'Well I'm not' that's how I replied him, and we never talked of it again.

I felt weird to know how people thought of me when I walked in the halls alone, so foreign to me, but totally worth it. I did it for Elia, I want him to know I am not playing with his feelings or experimenting on him, I really li-love him, and I know that will not change any time soon. Even if it does, I know I will never forget Elia for the rest of my life. Never.

We didn't do the 'entrance' though. Elia came in first for school and I arrived after him. He was seated in English class on his phone when I entered. People stared and whispered as I took a seat next to him. We didn't kiss or do coupley things too- we just said hie and went on with our day. But he honestly confessed in a text message that nothing of today ruined his day or our relationship. He even went on to tell me that he was happy that even if people judge or mistake us he was happy that we would be just ourselves where ever we are now.

"He's a good boy you know?" dad assures me. "I believe he is actually the best of your friends..." By friends I know he means Garry, Jake and Xander. Of course, Elia is better than them character wise. He is very sweet and adorable. He is just- Elia, so vulnerable at times and bold at others, and that makes me cling to him more.

"Yeah, he is." I simply say. Dad coughs again, covering his mouth with a shaking hand. Why am I not asking if he is alright? I know he is not... I've known that for long now... but- I guess I am afraid of what I will hear, I don't want to hear anything bad... which I know it is. So, I better not ask.

But it is killing me too, I want to know if I can do anything to make him alright. I look up at the two, both now eating their food in total silence.

Leo. Leo himself looks so scared and worried about my dad. He tries to cover up by his lovely and charming moves, but besides that, he is just as worried as I am too. Suddenly, I am not hungry anymore, I take the last bite and stand up. Dad vigorously coughs again. I give him a last glance, before I walk up to my room.

I take a minute shower and put on some grey sweatpants and a t-shirt. I hope into my bed and shut my eyes, my eyes getting ingulfed by the person who has been doing that lately. There is a knock on my door, I groan sitting up before I mumble a small, 'come in'.

Leo enters with his court on, he smiles as he sees me. "I'm going to work, I have a late night shift." He says. I nod.

"Um, come lock the door, your dad is asleep."