Chapter 77

Three more chapters to go!!! not bloody edited!!!

Elia.

My appetite has been on it's peak for the last month, and I concluded that I stress eat, that is the only reason why I can eat like a maniac.

After I feel that I have had enough of my food, I check my phone, he hasn't replied me. I thought we were now friends, then why didn't he reply me. I texted to ask if he was to turn up for school. I guess I made a mistake. I shouldn't have asked. But either ways I should have right? That is what good friends do right? But I think at the moment we are not good friend, that is the only reason he might not have replied.

I heave a deep sigh as I switch my phone off. I then spot from the corner of my eye someone walking in the parking lot through the window. Seems as if the person if walking this way- oh my god it's fucking Garry.

I shift in my seat, though I know my windows are tinted I slide down to make sure he wouldn't see me. But he looks determined. He walks closer and taps my window. "Open up fag!"

"Here we go again." I sigh. I guess I'll be having a swollen face and everything I ate on my seat now. Regardless I do open the window, to look at Garry.

"You heard?" he asks.

"Heard what?" I ask. He stands up straight looking around.

"Thought so. Nathaniel's dad passed this morning and he..." the words stick in my head that all he says after that slips my ear. Oh My God, it can't be- Frank!

For a moment there I then remember of one Tuesday, I was seated in class when the head walked in. He asked to see me, I remember he said something about me going home to say something. What surprised me was the fact that he was the one who was to drive me. Yes, he was a friend of my dad's but I never really expected him to do that. He didn't take me home though, he took me to the hospital. I thought that g-ma was the one who was sick, but rather, it was different. Dad had been in an accident that broke his leg, his chest and somehow hurt his back. I started to cry before I even reached his room. But when I was close to the door, I heard a piercing cry, my mom's cry and then- that was it, he died before I could say goodbye.

"Dude, you're okay?" I look at Garry. "You zoned out- we should go there, to be with him, he said he was alone at home and-"

"I don't think he wants to see me there." I sadly say.

"I think he does, he needs us- all of us." That is when I see Xander behind him. "And incase you have some funny excuse then I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. You're driving I need to save my fuel."

***

"Hie." I stand behind Garry as Xander greets Nathaniel. "Sorry about your dad..." Nathaniel says nothing but to nod. That is when he spots me, and he tried to suppress the frown, but it clearly displays on his face.

"I told him, I thought he'd rather know." Garry says hugging Nate, he says nothing. "Sorry man."

"It's fine."

Xander gives him a warm hug and they both enter leaving the two of us. Besides the exhaustion on his face, he looks just fine. Although from experience, I know he isn't.

"H-how are you holding up?" I ask. He looks blankly at me before he finally snickers and pulls me into a short hug concluded with a slight tap on my shoulder.

"Not as worse as I thought I would." I could hear the truth in his words. He thought he wouldn't manage to even live in the same apartment. I remember he once told me he would want to die too. But- he is here, with a small smile on his lips, yes, he isn't heads on happy, but he isn't ready to tear himself yet. He is still in denial, the reality will sink either ways. Maybe now, or tomorrow or maybe after weeks or months, or years. I am of zero right to pull that time nearer.