Chapter 75

Not Edited!!! 

Nathaniel.

I guess in every breakup, this is not how it happens. The aggressor shouldn't be the one worrying. It should be Elia who, in this point, would be going through the same thing as I am. But I guess, all my life I have been discreet of my emotions. I have always been the locked up guy who would do anything to keep his emotions his secret.

But now the latter has changed. I don't even know why I am driving to Elia's home. I know it is not because I want us to get together, I don't know if that is what I want for myself. But something deep within me, something deep inside is driving me to check up on me. The hits and blows he got yesterday from Xander were real and deadly painful, and seeing him today playing it off was perfect for me to buy it. I don't know if it's in my head or I did saw him grimace several times today.

I'll just check up on him, and go back home.

Sighing, I get out of the car and walk towards Elia's door. I hesitate for a while, before I knock the door, then remembering there is a bell, I press the button and shove my hands back into my pockets.

I hear footsteps approach the door, then silence. I ring the bell again, then the door slightly opens, to reveal half of Elia's face. Part of me breaks, seeing that he doesn't want me to enter and wants me to be as fast as possible so I can go back home. He's not pleased to see him.

"Hie?" he opens the door slightly further so that I can only see him. He is in a grey tracksuit, one of the thins he loves the most just like his blue one-piece pajama suit. His feet are curled, probably feeling cold since they are bare. His short hair, is stuck on his head, something that doesn't suit his persona, something I know he knows it doesn't. Something he hates.

"Uh- hey." He looks at me emotionless and he raise his brows slightly shaking his head.

I clear my throat. "I just wanted to check up on you..."

"Thought I wanst worth it." He uses my words against me, something I didn't mean to say. the only reason I did was for Xander, and some part of me, though I will never admit it to anyone, wanted to say that, I felt like hurting him, and now being here, I can see that I have hurt him.

"I didn't mean that, you know it."

"I do?"

"Look, I was acting on such anger and-"

"I once did that you know, acted on 'such anger' and the next thing I knew someone broke up with me. What is it that you want Nathaniel?" he says calmly looking exhausted from the few words we have exchanged.

"I told you- to check up on you. I- know you're hurt."

"I'm fine. Now please go." He can't be serious... it's just yesterday that he wanted to talk to me, maybe explain things. But now he is sending me away.

"Is that what you want?" I ask.

He snickers looking away for a second and when he looks at me, I swear I see tears in his eyes.

"No... I want you to stay, maybe cuddle, maybe do the things 'you' always did to me... but it's good if you leave Nate, that'll be safe for the both of us."

I run out of words to say, but he didn't.

"You're the one who pushed me away. What do you want Nate... why is it you're here?"

"Just to see you." I speak the truth. It has nothing to do with the fact that he is hurt. I know he is, he knows I do know, what I just want is to see him. Only.

His mouth opens then it closes. He finally sighs and nods, then he steps out closing the door. "Why are you here?"

"I told you- I'm not lying..."