Chapter 76

Please start playing this song when I indicate. I feel as if it will add some emotions. 

Nathaniel.

Not easy, that is all I can say about it. It's not easy to hang around Elia without either wanting to push him away or to pull him close. It then makes itself clear, part of me felt it was an obligation either to be with him the way we are not at the moment, then the other part wants me to always be away from him, the reason why I feel this, I don't know.

He is sitting across me and we are not talking, and we are also not in that 'I am not in the mood of talking to you because we are currently enemies' rather, we are in that 'Start talking to me first then I'll talk to you too.'

I don't know how this happen, that we have the same day of work. Not that I am complaining. Only that, I need time to think without him in the way.

It is supposed to be my day, but I guess something happened to Sean and Leo called him to come over. He just gave me a shy smile before he sat. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything that to reciprocate the smile.

He seems to be friends now with this other weird girl who always comes to fetch some morbid things. I noticed when she came in they both starting to talk, like really talk as if they are friends.

At least he does have someone.

My head snaps when the bell goes as someone enters. El immediately attends to the lady.

"Okay ma'am, I'll check in the store room." I watch him discreetly as he walks to the store room. I try as hard as I can to concentrate on my Instagram but unfortunately, someone had to break this awkward silence. So, I stand from my chair and make my way to the store room. I stand by the door, to see Elia's short self trying to reach for some boxes. To his luck, he finally reaches and puts it on the floor.

"What are you looking for." Yep, it had to be me to break this silence.

"Gosh!" he jumps and sighs when he sees me, his lips breaking into a smile. "You startled me."

"Sorry."

"Some bandages, there are non on the shelves."

"Oh, they are in this- box." The space in the store room is so small that it only fits one person at a time. I step away for him to exit, then I step in. I take the box and open it and take out the bandages. When I turn to El, he is looking at me with lust in his eyes. I can tell, by the looks what is going on, but I act oblivious to that fact.

He immediately looks away, giving me a fake smile and takes the bandages.

I watch him walk to his counter and I do admit, I did look at him the same way he did too.

It does happen that we don't talk of anything else to the end of our shift. We silently count the money we have made for the day, him on his side and me on the other. After that we both put the money where it should be. He is first to walk out, with me closely behind him. I am supposed to lock the doors.

Elia torches the locks as I do so, and again we don't talk of anything.

After the many minutes of locking up the keys, I stuff the keys in my bag and take the boxes next to my feet. Elia does the same. They are boxes for my dad's medication and for some reason Leo prefers to keep them here, I'm sure I once heard him talking of my dad hating the smell of medication. But I guess that isn't a thing anymore, the whole house smells like a hospital.

I open my boot and place the box inside. I scoot away for Elia to do the same too.

"Uh, thanks."