Chapter 7

Elia.

Out of everything my mind has swallowed before, nothing has made me this hectic before. I take all the jeans I've worn for the past week and raid their pockets. I have never thought that one day I will need to go the- my bully's house, ever have I, never!

 I drop the last pair I've raided and move to my books. I flip all the papers searching for the tiny paper with Xander's number, of course, I need it, I need to ask him where Nathaniel Sandas lives. I curse dropping the books on the floor. Yeah, Jackets. To my disappointment, all my jackets have no papers in them, except the one with the receipt of the grocery I've done couple of days ago.

I quit and drop myself on my bed releasing a loud and heavy sigh when my eyes drifts to the bathroom door. I narrow my eyes sitting up straight to see a crumbled paper laying on the floor patiently. As lightning I run to the spot and bend to take the paper. Yes, fair enough Xander's number was on the top with his name on the bottom. I smile to myself walking to the table to get my phone when I pass by the mirror. I stop, my eyes growing wide, my nose is purple. As if a coincidence, I feel a stink on it and my nose immediately pinching it.

Wait, my g-ma must have seen this, I hope not. I wouldn't want her to start asking me what is going on, as I always say, the last thing I want to do is to cause problems.. I take my phone and dial Xander's number. I know right now texting would be the best thing to do, but also, I wanna talk to him.

He answers his phone on the third ring. "Hello, this is?" he asks sounding annoyed already. I bite onto my lip deciding either I should hang up already. He has been nice to me, but also it is irritating to have someone calling this late. I gulp and speak up.

"It's Elia, sorry for calling this late I want to ask if you ha..."

"Elia, hie how are you?" he says sounding excited. I slap my forehead realizing that I didn't even ask how he is. Jerk! I didn't even say hello.

"I am good thanks, and you?" I ask. There is a pause and a continuous grunting, I assume he is thinking.

"Great, because someone called me at last"

Hearing his over the top excited voice I feel guilty for having to call him just because I want to have Nathaniel's house address. And another thing, although I know 'speaking to me' isn't really the reason why he is that happy, the fact that he actually sounds as if he has been expecting my call makes my tummy turn.

"Um Xander, I am kind of stranded right now, may I have Nathaniel's house address, we have to do a project yet he asked me to..."

"Come to his house but he didn't give you the address, right, I will text it to you" I notice his sudden change of mood but I let it slip.

"Is that all?" he asks a bit disappointed.

"Yeah" I say. As soon as I say that he hangs the call.

It takes me time the process that Nathaniel lives only a road away from my house. I gulp and step out of my car and walk to the door. I ring the bell twice, cursing myself for having to look like I am in hurry to enter already. I wait by the door for a minute and ring the bell again. The door opened and a middle aged woman pops her head out.

"Hello, how can I help you?" she asks.

"Can I um, see Nathaniel, like... we have a... a... a project to work on" as soon as I mention the word project she scrunches her face in distaste and she looks at me from to bottom.

"You're the new kid at Nate's school?" she asks I nod with confusion. She watches me from top to bottom and then she clears her throat.

"Okay, let me call Nate out, he is still in bed"