Chapter 27

This chapter is a bit shitty but alright. So i have never traveled in a  plane before so something may not be true but deal with it. Anyways remember to vote and comment and share.

Nathaniel.

I put the last bag in the car clearly mad at my dad. He wants me to not go to the trip because of my health, I was sick... and now I am not! Can't he put that in his stupid head.

"I'm just trying to be a good dad Nathaniel!" he exclaims. His loud voice triggers my head. I will forever curse myself for drinking a night before travelling, now all that I am going to do is to go to a trip with a slight hangover!

I snort. "Yeah... good dad" I swear anyone can taste the sarcasm in my voice. "Don't worry he will be alright." Finally, someone who is not overprotective. I get into the car and sit on the passenger's sit. Leonard and dad exchange a few words outside, sort of conflicting. My dad then stomps towards the house looking angry and Leonard then comes over to drive me. I thought dad was going to drive me!

Leonard starts the car and puts the heater on. I look back at the house to see dad slams the door hard.
"Is he alright?" the words slip out before I can hold them in.
"He will be." Leo snort taking off.

Leonard is someone who is fascinating and as much as I want to deny this, he is a bit sweet, if not more. I lean on the window resting my eyes on the road. "Are you excited?" he suddenly asks, the good thing I I never expected him to be silent after all.

"It has nothing to do with you." I simply say. He snickers. When I think he has given up he speaks out, "It has nothing to with me but I want to know."

"So, is there any reason I will be going if I am not excited?"

"Oh yeah... maybe you are going for someone... you seem a bit smitten these days... who is it?" I don't reply, I have no reason to, my life has nothing to do with him. But it gets me thinking, I never spend a full hour with him, how does he know that I am going for someone? But am i? wait am I smitten? Even if I am it can't be Elia right? He is my friend.

"You don't want to talk about it?" he laughs.

"Leonard is there any time I want to talk to about anything?" I yell. "Especially with you!?"

"No, but it won't hurt to try, besides it's not like there is any other way I am going to know that you like me a tiny bit other than talking to you." He makes it sound as if he is going to win at the end, but I won't give him the victory. I look outside again trying not to take notice of his presence again. I shut my eyes as my stomach flips.

"You know your dad really loves you right?" I curse the distance from home to the airport for being an hour long, he is going to talk the whole hour isn't he? "... he really loves you, and it hurts to see you..."

"If my dad asked you to talk to me about this cut it off..." he sighs mumbling a 'at least I tried'. "... if he did then he wouldn't have left me or mom for you!" I hiss.

Leonard doesn't say anything else, when I look at him I see him putting on a hurt expression, I feel bad for saying it. He pushed it himself, if he didn't say a word he wouldn't be hurting right now. We stop by a red light and I look at Leonard again. This time his expression I really paining me, it seems as if he is going to burst anytime from now.

"Look, Leonard... I didn't mean it to offend you..."

"I never knew how much I've broken your family till now." At least he now knows. "If I could do anything right now I would... but you should know your dad is happy, I make him happy, he is gay and you can't change that. I get the fact that it is hard to live with the reason your family is now apart, I just don't get why you are homophobic." I swear his voice is filled with rage right now. I am not homophobic, if anything I think I am okay with gay now... just not him and my dad, but again I think I am not okay with gay... just with Elia.