Chapter 59

TULIPS

Earth paced round the room that was as big as the sitting room of his house. The wide windows was covered with dark blue curtains, and the atmosphere was cozy and romantic. He still felt skeptical about this whole thing. The encounter with Ice's brother had gotten him more anxious.

He saw a small framed photo of Ice of when he was younger standing on the reading table. He looked lonely in the photo. Then he remembered what Ice said about losing his mom. Truly if she was alive, she would probably have taken a photo with her son.

He thought of his own mother. He couldn't wait to see her. Speaking of his mother, there was this special handkerchief of hers he normally took with him. He quickly checked his pants pockets. It wasn't there. He must have dropped it somewhere. Maybe in his dorm room.

When she gets better, he will tell her all about Ice. He hoped she will be happy to be a mother to him too. He reached out to touch the photo when he heard footsteps behind the door.

His heart skipped a beat when the door clicked open. Ice walked in with a tray snacks and a bottle of red wine in his hands.

He held his chest and heaved a sigh of relief. He thought it was P'Turn.

Ice placed the tray on a side table beside the bed.

"You brought some snacks."

"Mm. You can have them while aunt prepares lunch," Ice sat on the bed and gestured to Earth to come sit beside him.

"Your brother is so scary," Earth said settling in the space beside Ice.

"You sound like you don't know him. News of his escapades are all over the internet."

"Sorry, I don't really have time to go on internet like that."

"Good for you," Ice stared at the cute young man. "You don't really have to know anyway. He is not important."

"Why do you say that?"

"I hate him," Ice blurted out looking away.

"You guys are brothers," Earth breathed. "Why would you hate..." Earth paused when he saw the other's face tighten in anger. "Sorry..."

Earth reached his hands and turned his face back towards him.

"I'm sorry. I won't mention that again if it hurts you," Earth traced his fingers to his slender neck. "I was just saying...things. You don't have to take it serious."

Ice breathed deeply. He loved the cuteness of Earth as he apologized. He couldn't even get angry at him. He held the other's hands and played with his fingers.

There was a vibration coming from Earth's phone. Earth retracted his  hand from Ice's soft grip and brought his phone out from his trouser pocket. He stared at the screen and then chuckled.

The message was from Ping.
He had sent a photo of Ex and a chubby looking girl. Ex face looked funny like he was forced to take a photo with the girl. Earth thought that must be rosie cheeks as Ex fondly called her.

"Who is that?"

"Uh... A'Ex. My roommate."

"You look so happy seeing him."

"No... He's just a friend and he looks funny in this photo. I enjoy his jokes."

"And the other moon?"

Earth thought for a second.
"Moon Ming?"

Ice nodded.

"I... err..."