Chapter 13

TULIPS

"AI'Earth... Oh my..."  Ex touched his roommate's forehead and bare chest pretending to feel some temperature. "Are you okay?"

"Don't touch me!" Earth pushed Ex hand away. "You left me to die, right. What if I had a serious illness?" He cursed.

"Ai... Come on. Nothing is going to happen to you. Sorry for leaving you like this. Did you call your scary boss?"

"I called him. He said not to worry I can take the day off."

"Huh... He said that? Are you sure you have not been fired?" Ex chuckled and left the bed.

He walked to the small kitchen at the corner of the room. He checked the small noodle pots and plates. They were all empty and clean.

"You haven't eaten anything yet?"

"I don't know. I just ate some medicine."

"Medicine on empty stomach," Ex shrieked. "Please I am not ready to kill your mother's son. I will go get you something to eat."

Ex walked to door and hurriedly wore his shoes. He opened the door and to his surprise there was someone standing there just about to knock.

He gasped loudly and closed back the door. He glanced at his roommate laying absentmindedly on the bed.

"What is it now?" Earth asked looking up from the bed.

"The ice king is here," Ex whispered gesturing at the door.

"Huh? What king?"

Ex opened the door slowly once again. This time he was more composed. But he smiled crookedly.

He made way for the august visitor to walk into the semi clean room. He gave Earth a death sign and quickly ran out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind.

Earth tilted his head when the tall, handsome figure of a man walked towards his bed.

What the heck? Is this a dream or reality? He sprang up from the bed. His vision suddenly became blurry. He managed to hold his head up.

Ice fed his eyes on the shirtless cute man sitting on the bed. Earth only had a boxer short on. And he looked damn sexy in it.

Ice? His heart skipped a beat.

It was really him. He quickly grabbed the bed sheet and covered his bare chest.

He fixed his eyes on the visitor still wondering if he was seeing things. "How did you get here?"

Ice shrugged. "I asked around." Dummy...

He could still catch a glimpse of the cute boy's thighs and back.

Earth reached for his a shirt and quickly put it on. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I heard from your boss that you were sick, so I decided to come check on you," Ice said plainly without emotion.

Earth smirked. "Really!"

The other nodded amicably.

The Ice king had some nerves. Ice would only do something he will benefit from. Earth wasn't so moved by that gesture.

"I don't normally do this but I brought you something to eat." There was a thin smile on his face.

Who cares?

Earth collected the bag. He looked inside. He could perceive the aroma of his favorite snack in there. He looked at Ice again as if he was trying to read his mind. Was this kind gesture for real or not? No, it can't be.

Ice looked around the room. The walls were full of photos of half naked women and footballers.

"Are you going to stare at me all day? Won't you offer me a seat or something?"

Earth sprang up from bed and put on a shirt. He offered Ice a chair beside the reading table.

He felt a little embarrassed and confused. This guy was doing all sort of things to get his attention lately. Was he really genuine?

"I don't have anything to offer you."

"No it's okay. I'm glad you're getting better. Is all I wanted to know," came a humbled but cool reply.

What? Earth froze for a second.
He is glad...
Ice cared about his health.
How amazing.

"Oh, thanks."

"I will be leaving now," Ice stood up and made for the door. "Take care of yourself."

...

Ex hovered around the corridor to their room. He was imagining all sorts of perverted images that might be happening in the room right now. He suddenly wished he was in Earth's shoes.

Having a rich boy hit on him will be like in a drama. Talk about spending all the cash and eating in expensive restaurants. Wow! Earth was a little naive in playing such games. Maybe he will give Earth some lessons. He cocked his eyebrow.

Just then the door to his room flung opened. Ex saw rich master walk out.

So quick?

He adjusted himself and bowed slightly at the young man. Ice gave him a nod and walked down the stairs.

Ex quickly ran back into the room. He was even more excited than Earth himself. To his uttermost dismay, he He met his roommate eating quietly.

"Aiii... Aili... Did you see that?" Ex exclaimed with his eye wide open. "What did he do? What did he say?"

"What? Nothing."

"That master is really interested in you. Come on..." Ex shook his friend's shoulders.

Earth stared at his crazy friend like was stupid. "I'm not interested Ex. And don't play those nosy games of yours with him."

"You are so boring," Ex screamed in frustration.

"Yes, let me be," Earth faced the other side and ate up the snacks.

Ex felt like strangling his roommate. He cringed and fell on his bed.

Thanks for reading.