Chapter 3

TULIPS

Moon and Star competition 2019

The most anticipated event of the year. A competition where the most beautiful and most handsome faces of the different colleges battle for the prestigious moon and star position of the university.

Every morning the faculties representatives meet at the school hazing hall for meetings and rehearsals.

Most obviously Ice represented the moon of International College. Nobody dared take the position from him.

Tan and Kwan represented Engineering college. Sutee and Fon represented medical college, Joe and Rise represented Science college as well as other couples from the eleven different colleges in the university. They sat comfortably in the well furnished student hall and chatted with each other while they wait for the staff to address them.

Ice sat in front row alone. He had no friends from the other department and he was not even the friendly type. His only friend was Mark. He was also a student in the international college. He was from the rich class roo. His parents were friends with Ice's father.

Ice never knew his mother. He knew she married his father, an older man who was divorced with a son, five years older than him. The marriage was arranged so it was loveless. He was told his birth mother left his father. Recently he heard she was dead. Her story is still quite confusing to Ice.

His father was a known man in the world of politics. Recently he held a position at the state house. He spent little time with his sons and was always having affairs with other women.

He didn't let the issues of his father bother him. He had his own life to live now. He looked around the hall in search of someone. But he didn't see who he was looking for. Why is he not here? He thought to himself

A male staff walked in and stood in the middle of hall. He was joined by two pretty female staffs. They were dressed in blue polos and jean pants.

"Hello, arts and science freshmen," he greeted and bowed slightly rubbing his palms together.

"Hello..." the students chorused.

"Aren't you all looking so pretty and handsome today?"

The student ooed and ahhed in happiness.

"I'm sure everyone that is here got my messages right. Good. So you have all been chosen to represent your faculty in the 2019 Moon and Star competition."

He clapped his hands and the students joined too.

"I see you all looking pretty today, I want you to maintain your beauty until the day of the competition, and kids, we will be having a special guest that is the moon of engineering... "

The students burst into screams thinking the moon of engineering was already close by.

"Not today. Listen kids. He won't be here today. But by our next meeting."

The students whined and groaned. Last year, Ming, the handsome moon of engineering won the overall campus Moon of Prattanaporn University 2018. He beat about eighteen couples to get the title. Ming is a jovial and well behaved guy. He have almost ten thousand followers on Instagram and have a fan club dedicated to him. There are still male and female rivals all wanting to be his friend.

"Listen kids. Make sure you don't miss any of our meetings as you will be assessed on punctuality and participation. Do you understand?"

"Yes!" The students answered.

"We have a little refreshment for you all."

One of the female staff ushered  Earth into the hall. He was carrying a snack box in his hands. There was enough snacks to go round.

Ice directed his gaze at Earth. He was looking for the cute boy all along. Why isn't he participating in the competition?

"Nong'Earth will share you kids some snacks. Enjoy!" The staff said.

Earth gave Ice first since he was sitting at the front row. Ice locked his eyes with Earth. He slightly grazed Earth's fingers as he collected his snack pack.

It annoyed him that he had to serve Ice. If he had known it was Ice who was sitting there he wouldn't have given him the snack pack.

Earth ignored him and quickly moved to the next row. He continued sharing the snack till the students got one each. 

As the students dispersed, Earth packed up the boxes he had used to supply the snacks.

Just when he got ready to leave, Ice blocked his way.

"Why are you not participating in the competition?"

Earth eyes the taller man from his head to toe. What is this situation right now?

"It's none of your business."

"Aww..." Ice made a puppy face. "It's a shame. A pretty boy with such an attitude."

Earth was in no mood for chats or fights and this bull was asking for one.

"Earth..." Ice walked closer to Earth and dangled the snack pack in his face. "I don't normally eat cheap snacks like this, but I will taste this, since you gave it to me."

Earth looked dumbfounded as the taller man leaned closer to his face.

Ice really looked handsome up close. His small almond eyes blazed at him. His skin was smooth and white like real prince.

Earth could perceive the soft calming scent of his expensive perfume.

Earth shoved him aside. He blinked several times as he tried to regain himself from the effect the taller man was having on him.

"Move away."

He wasn't prepared for this meeting so he didn't know what to say. He eyed Ice wickedly, picked the boxes and stomped out of the hall.

Ice cocked his head. He was amused. Ice thought hard as he straightened his fingers out.

The restaurant boy was definitely exuding some innocent charms. But he just wanted to have fun as usual, hunting his game and devouring them the way he wanted. Earth will be one of his game and soon it will be over. Maybe he should place a bet on him. It's going to be fun. He smirked.

Ice gets interested in Earth and begins to flirt with him.
Do remember to vote and comment as you read.

Thanks for reading