Chapter 24

TULIPS

Classes began at nine o'clock but Earth finished his morning duties at the restaurant and was in his class by eight o'clock.

He held the piece of card in his hands. The one Ice had left on the counter the other night. He was contemplating whether to save the number in his phone or not. Or give Ice a call or not. Ice was really shrewd. How did he find out about his life's mess?

Maybe Ex was right. Just date him for his money and break up with him afterwards.

Ice was rich enough. A night's fling with him wouldn't hurt as long as he gives him money. His mother's hospital bills was piling up, and she wasn't getting any better. If he had the resources he would have moved her to a better hospital.

Earth exhaled deeply. He just had an option. Date Ice for his money and leave him later.

"Earth, good morning."

Earth came back to reality. He looked up to see Fern smiling at him.
"Oww. Fern, good morning."

"You're early today," Fern said as she sat down on the chair opposite Earth.

He nodded.

"What about Ploy and Ex?" She asked.

"They are not here yet."

"Okay."

"And you. Why are you early?" Earth glanced at her.

"Ahh!! My mom is becoming so obsessed about me getting married... bring a boy... When am I going to bring an in law.. Bla bla... Gosh!" Fern gasped in frustration.

Earth laughed. "What's so difficult, bring a boy home then?"

"Very easy to say. But then who can I bring?" Fern tilted her head left and right. She watched Earth closely. She had wanted to date Earth. He was hardworking and handsome. But she only nursed these feelings in her heart.

"Right. Any luck with the Ice guy, yet?"

Earth shrugged. "No."

"Come on. You may not swing that way but give him a try. All that matters about love and relationships is the heart of the people involved.

"Ice might be mean and proud but you just have to get a little closer to know what his heart has to offer you."

"You think so, Fern?"

She nodded frantically.

After listening to Fern talk on love and stuff, Earth typed out the Ice king's number on his phone and sent him a message on Line chat.

* * *

After being humiliated by Mark, Ice decided to skip class for the rest of the day. He went home and had a short nap.

When he woke up, he hugged his pillow softly and stared at the wall wondering when he started having fantasy about cute guys in aprons preparing barbecue on the beach.

Few minutes later, his phone let out a ping tone, twice. He picked it and swiped the screen. There was a message from a number not stored in his phone book.

...
'Hi'
'Can we talk'

Ice wondered who it was. He sat up in bed anxiously. He smirked and typed.

...
'Who misses Ice so much to want to talk?'

Ice was fond of teasing people out of their comfort zone. He waited for a reply. Though it took some minutes.