Chapter 39

TULIPS

Nat held the single pink tulip flower with both his hands like his life depended on it.

He licked his lips and rolled his neck and shoulders. He took a deep breath and began.

"P'Pink, with this flower, I ask you to be my girlfriend."

Breath

No. No.

"P'Pink. I have been watching you from afar and I don't think I can bear to see you in another's arms.

Breath

No. That was too Shakespearesh.

"P'Pink, I love you!"

Nat practiced blinking in a romantic way.

He jumped in fear when he heard his sister's voice in the room.

She walked into the sitting room staring at her brother suspiciously.

"Nat who are you talking to? And why are there so many flowers in the sitting room?"

"I was just practicing my lines."

"What lines? You are shooting a drama now?"

"Noo. Kookgai... Ah. What drama?" Nat scratched his head.

Kookgai bent down and picked a flower. She inhaled the scent. Her eyes brightened. "Is it unrequited love? Nat, are you having a lover?"

"Shhhh... You want mom to hear." Nataporn rushed to cover her mouth with his hand.
"I don't know what to do, Gai... Can you give me some ideas."

"Why do you need my idea?"

"I will pay you back the money I borrowed from you... Please." Nat whined.

Kookgai thought for a minute. It was time for a bargain. "The gay community in school said Tan is like their ideal gay man."

"Tan, my friend."

"Yes. Or you guys gay?" Kookgai teased.

"No." Nat waved his hands in defense. "But Tan has this IC friend."

"Then I will introduce Tan into our club..." Kookgai clapped in joy.

"What club?"

"Not your business."

"Okay. Okay. Tell me already. What should I do?"

"Well, if you like someone the first thing you have to do is buy the person a meal, a sweet meal." Kookgai said sweetly.

"Huh... A meal... Why didn't I think of that?"

Kookgai sighed and left her brother. She went to her room. She quickly switched on her laptop and video called her best friend.

"Ahh!! Jenny, hi..."

"E'Gai... How are you?"

"What's the latest?"

"Patience Kookgai ... What's the rush?"

Jenny was Skit's kid sister. She have been Kookgai's best friend since they were in high school until they moved to another town and she got admitted to a different university. But they continued to keep in touch because they had similar likes and dislikes.

They were both core fans of boy love dramas. They always investigated the male students who were lovers in their schools and often debated who was top and bottom. Then their little bl club on facebook voted on who were the cutest couples.