Chapter 19

TULIPS

Skit

He parked his car at the parking lot beside a street market in town. He had just left his hotel room to met his new friend.

Tip was so pure and looked innocent in his eyes. He wondered if he was into boys like him. Since he met Tip, he felt something just clicked into place in his life and he wanted to see him again. Even when it was risky.

Skit was the only son and heir to a large engineering company. At the moment his parents thinks he is abroad studying engineering but here he was in Bangkok.

If they found out he was Thailand, he will be in big trouble.

He was still sitting in the car when his phone rang.

"Hello, Tip..."

He answered the call and disconnected within ten seconds.

He wore his black face cap and made sure it covered his face properly. He hated going out on public places especially now he was living incognito in Thailand.

He stepped out of the car and headed to the location Tip hinted to him. He made sure to look left and right to avoid being recognized by a family member or friend.

He spotted Tip in front of a local clothing store. Tip was in a casual jean and shirt. His skin burned from the sun rays. He crossed the road to met Skit.

"Tip, sorry to keep you waiting."

Tip's face brightened up on seeing his friend. He waved and smiled. He was a little surprised to see Skit wearing a cap, and dressed in all black like a secret agent.

"No problem. What's with the dressing?" Tip asked looking confused. "It's so hot."

"Let's just buy the stuff and get out of here, okay?" Skit replied, his eyes darting around the market. He ran out of toiletries and wanted to buy some shaving cream, body spray and body lotion.

"Why? Did you run away from home?"

"No," Skit looked down hiding his face.

"Oiii, what's that look on your face? I can tell you're lying. My brother have that look on his face anytime he is been caught lying."

Skit suddenly grabbed Tip's hand and swung him around to face him.

"Hide me, hide me..." Skit mumbled.

Tip was dazed for a moment as Skit's face was uncomfortably close to his.

Skit had just seen his aunt in the market. This was one of the reasons why he didn't want to go to the supermarket. Somebody can recognize him. Skit's aunt was quite a talker and she will definitely report him to his parents. He bent down pulling Tip towards a corner away from the crowd.

He watched his aunt from behind the slim man's body until she was out of sight. Then he let go of Tip.

He apologized for his behavior and that he had no choice but to hide.

Tip only wanted an explanation for why he was hiding. And Skit wanted to be sure if he could trust this football freak with his secret.

They quickly bought they things and left the small market.

"Tell me, Skit, why are you hiding," Tip queried when they returned to the car park. "Are you a criminal. Did you do something bad?"

"No. I... How do I say this?"

"Anyhow, I don't mind."

Skit took a deep breath like he's about to dive in the ocean. He was really a shy person and he wasn't sure about telling Tip anything about himself. But for the few times he met the football freak, he seemed kind of dumb and funny.

"Tip, I need a place to stay for a few days..."

Tip jerked back looking puzzled. Skit was saying many things he couldn't comprehend.

"Wait, wait..." Tip waved his hands in the air. "Let me get you. You show up on the street looking like a spy, hiding from god knows what, and now you need a place to stay. What's going on with you, A'Skit?"

Skit smiled. Tip's funny gestures amused him. He really needed a place to stay for a while. He leaned closer towards Tip like he was about to whisper something in his ear.

"It's an emergency. I promise to explain when I get the place."

Tip nodded and stared at Skit in a rather awkward way. Skit was full of mystery, and he needed a little bit of that in his boring life.

* * *

"Ma'am, here is the shirt. It's dried and folded," the middle aged home keeper said as she entered Pink's room.

Pink was taking a shower in her private bathroom when she heard the lady.

"Okay, aunty, drop it on my bedside," she called from the bathroom so she could hear.

"Yes, ma'am," the lady dropped the neatly ironed white shirt on the bed and left the room.

Pink came out of the bathroom some minutes later with a towel tied round her body. Her wet hair clinged to her face and back. She picked up the shirt. She remembered how Nataporn followed her to the lady's bathroom where she exchanged her shirt for Nataporn's. Then he told her some stories to keep her smiling.

She smiled as Nataporn's face flashed in her mind. No guy had ever done this for her. She's had a crush on Ice but he didn't reciprocate the love. He just went about being mean and proud chasing boys.

Pink still believed Ice will love her someday. She looked at the shirt again and smiled.

"Nataporn," she murmured.

Thanks for reading.