Chapter 33

TULIPS

After confirming on phone that his parents may not return home for the night, Tip was relieved. They can spend the night freely in the house without having to hide and sneak food to his room.

Tip and Skit reached the house at about eight thirty in the evening. Wip opened the front door and they crashed at the sitting room.

"Are you drunk?" Wip asked sniffing around Tip's body.

"I'm not drunk, Wip, move your frog eyes away," Tip hit Wip on his back.

"Ah..." Wip hummed. He adjusted the glasses on his face. "Since you met P'Skit, you never had a taste of alcohol right?"

"What do you mean? I have had a drink, it even got worse. Are you monitoring me now, Wip?"

"That's a good development," Wip muttered.

"Are you sure mom and dad are not coming tonight?" Tip asked again to be sure.

"Mm..." Wip nodded. He sat on the floor and faced the television.

Tip scratched his head. He had a bad feeling about this. He knew their parents can be tricky at times. Well, he shrugged the thought off and went to the kitchen to get some drinks. He just wanted have some and sleep.

Skit dialled a contact on his Samsung phone and a pretty face came up the screen. He quickly fixed an earpiece so that Tip wouldn't hear what they were discussing

"Hello big brother."

Skit waved. "How is mom doing?

"She's fine."

"Any news about me?"

"Hmm... None. But mom is so worried about you."

"Tell her I am fine, okay."

"Okay. How about your friend? Is he there? Can I see him...Show me please.."

Skit nodded. "Remember our plan...okay."

"Okay."

"What are you whispering about?" Tip asked when he returned with some drinks in his hands.

"Tip, I want you to meet someone." Skit pulled Tip to sit in the space beside him. He put his hands across Tip's shoulders.

Tip smiled and waved when he saw the girl on the screen. The girl waved back making some cute funny faces. Tip thought the pretty girl might be Skit's girlfriend so he did not bother to ask. He scooted away from Skit and continued watching the show on television. He soon started dozing off on the couch.

"What do you think?" Skit asked.

"He's so cute," the girl in the screen shrieked in excitement.

"Yes. He is."

"Does he know you are ... gay."

"No he doesn't."

Skit glanced at Tip. Everybody knew a lot about Tip but he never knows anything that goes on around him except his football.

"Make sure you bring him home,"  the girl warned before waving and saying her goodbyes.

Just then a car drove into the garage of the house. Wip quickly took a peek at the window. His face shrieked with fear and shock.

"They are back?"

"Who?" Tip asked waking up suddenly from his slumber.

"Mom and dad, Tip, aisshhhh?" Wip scratched his head. How can his brother be this dumb. Who else lived with them in the house?

"P'Skit, run upstairs, to To's room, quickly." Wip whispered aloud.
Skit jumped on his feet and quickly ran upstairs to Tip's room.

Tip and Wip stayed back to tidy up the sitting room. They ran around in circles making sure to clear up the bottles and anything suspicious.

Tip laid on the sofa and pretended to be asleep while Wip ran to open the door.

"Mom, dad. Welcome," Wip bowed. He adjusted the glasses on his face and smiled.

The young looking couple walked into the house.

"Why do you look flustered. Were you expecting someone else?" Mom asked tapping her young son on his shoulder.

"No, mom," Wip replied grinning.

"Is your brother drunk again?" Dad asked staring at his first son sprawled on the sofa.

"Hurry and take him upstairs." He ordered.

Wip bowed. He shook Tip. It seemed the young man had already dozed off.

Just then there was a loud bang from upstairs.
The couple paused when they heard it. They both turned and looked at Wip. He was as shocked as they were.

"Mom, is nothing..." Wip thought fast. "Tip's bed... Tip's bed have been shaking lately..."

"Oh really, does it need repairs?" His mom tilted her head in concern.

"Yes mom. I think it fell... again."

Wip managed to convince them. He waited a bit for them to go upstairs to their room. He took a breath of relief and sat beside brother.

"Hey, Tip... You really are too much, sleeping at a time like this."

Thanks for reading