Chapter 31

TULIPS

The large living room was buzzing with life. Since Mark lived with his single mom, a driver and a maid, their house was usually quiet. It was a rare occasion to have much people in the house having fun.

Looking extra dashing in his white long sleeves shirt, a black vest and a black trouser, Mark stepped down the stairs with an air of pride. His well polished shoes echoed and got the visitors curious to see who he was.

His great aunt May was the first to notice him. She shrieked in happiness.

"Oh that is my baby boy. Come come..." she waved at Mark with well manicured and polished fingers.

Mark's mom felt proud of his son. Her son was the most obedient child she ever seen. He never had problems with bad boys and he is very hardworking when it comes to his studies.

Mark stopped when his two little cousins, Atid and Chim ran over to give him a hug.

"Uncle! Uncle!"

"Atid! Chim! You are so big now!" Mark exclaimed. He was so happy to meet his little cousins. He bent down to fully hug the pretty girl and boy. Arid and Chim were babies when he last saw them.

He walked to his great aunt's side and hugged her.

"You're grown into a fine young man, Mark. How are you?"

"I am good, auntie."

"How is studies?"

"Studies is great."

"Your mommy told me you're doing well in the international college, is that so?"

She glanced at his mom who blushed and smiled.

"Yes, auntie."

She patted his back. "Oh, Atid." She called the little boy. "Go call your handsome uncle. I think he's still outside."

"Yes, ma'am." The little boy answered and ran out of the door.

"Mark, we came with your distant nephew. He had always wanted to see you. He is almost your age too. He's in your school too."

"Oh, I didn't know," Mark said. He had a distant nephew. That was interesting to know. He also wanted to meet him so that he can have someone to call a brother since he is an only child.

Atid ran back into the sitting room and reported that his other uncle was coming in. Mark's great aunt and his mom continued discussing. Mark watched the door expecting to see who this nephew of his is.

He soon walked in. Mark stood up to get a better view of him. The sun rays from outside hit his eyes. His eyes brightened when he saw who it was.

A young man, not too tall, almost the same age.

! ! !

There was a flip in the atmosphere when the two boys faced each other and recognized themselves.

Tan?

Tanaporn?

Tanaporn is his brother?

Tan's face was also as shocked as the other.

Mark?

"Ohh, Andy...my Andy," Aunt resumed her greetings. "Here is Mark."

Andy?

Mark rubbed his forehead as he was speechless seeing Tan, or Andy standing in front of him.

Both boys nodded as they were confused on how they would react so as not to rouse any suspicion.