Chapter 21

TULIPS

The lectures that morning was a long one. Goth managed to stay throughout Professor Methanip class. The lady was strict and had all the students on their toes while lecturing. She  promised to repeat the class again by next week. The students groaned in pain and tiredness. Finally at about a 11:45, she left the class.

The students were so exhausted. Some ran out of the class to go have lunch before they fainted.

Goth was packing up his books in his bag when he got a message on his Line chat. He checked it,

'Will you like to have lunch together?'

Goth smiled when he read the message. He typed.

'I thought you will never ask. Yes.'

'Okay. I will come pick you up from your college in ten minutes.'

He put the phone in his pocket and made to leave the class.

"A'Goth, it's good to see you smile again. Who's behind it."

Goth turned to see his friend Joe walking up to him.

"Nobody. I just feel better."

Joe nodded. "Are you having lunch alone?"

"No, I am eating with a friend."

"Oh, maybe next time then."

"Yes. Next time. Bye."

"Bye, Goth."

* * *

Timon and Nick were siting in the car at the college parking lot, waiting for Choice to join them. Choice had gone to the bathroom but he dropped his phone and books in the car before leaving.

Nick planned with Timon to help their friend get closer to Goth. So Nick obviously took Choice's phone and sent those messages to the junior student. He quickly dropped the phone when he sighted Choice was coming back.

"Sorry for the delay, guys," he mentioned when he got into the backseat of the car.

Nick winked casually at Timon.
"No problem, Choice. I made reservations for lunch at Shabu Grill restaurant."

"Oii, Tim, such an expensive place, we could just go somewhere around that's cheaper."

"Once in a while you try something different, A'Choice," Nick said trying to be serious.

Nick raised his eyebrows and chuckled. Poor Choice. He didn't realize his friends had set him up for a date at the restaurant. He will be in for a very big surprise.

Timon brought his car to slow down when he reached Goth's college. He was sure he will be expecting to Choice walking but not anymore. He sighted Goth at a corner of the building and drove down there.

"A'Tim, what are we doing here?"

"Well, I think we need one more person to make this lunch date a perfect one."

"No, You guys are ...you guys got to be kidding." Choice was restless. What was his friends up to? He suddenly felt shy when he remembered this was Goth's college.

Nick got out of the car and went to get Goth.

"What did you do Tim?" Choice questioned. "This is not funny."

"You Just relax, it's just lunch. It's not like you don't like the boy." Timon smiled casually.

"You know I can't afford shabu grill."

"Don't worry I will take care of it. Relax."

Goth returned with Nick and he joined Choice at the backseat of the car.

"Hello, Ps'."

"Goth, how are you?" Choice greeted trying to maintain his cool.

"Fine."

"How was your lectures."

"Quite tough."

"Meet my friends, Nick and Timon."

"Hello, P'Nick, P'Tim."

"I met him already," Nick hinted.

"Aww.. So cute," Timon smiled as he watched both Choice and Goth from the rear view mirror.

* * *

The lunch was interesting and quite expensive. They ate in silence half the time, except for Nick who wanted to convince Goth to try dating new people so that he can forget the past.

"I don't plan to date anybody now."

"What if it's someone who genuinely loves you?" Nick pressed on.

"P', I have not really thought about it."

"I hope you give the person who truly loves you a chance. Because if you don't you hurt that person too."

"You're right, P-" Goth never thought about it that way.

"Guys, enough of the love lecture, let my junior eat in peace," Choice interrupted.

After they finished with the lunch, Timon drove down to Goth's dorm building. He said he did not have any lectures for the day and wished to go to his room.

Timon pulled over at the students parking space. Goth came out of the car. Timon gave Choice a little snack bag and said to give it to Goth. Choice was grateful for that. He told his friends to wait for him. He will see Goth to his room.

Goth and Choice walked up the stairs to the second floor. His room was the second door on the right.

"You stay here?"

"Yes, P. I stay with my roommate."

Goth unlocked the door and stood. He was a bit shy to say something to Choice.

"Have this..." Choice handed the bag to Goth.

"P', this is too much, I already ate so much."

"I know. You eat it anytime you want," Choice held Goth's hands and handed him the bag.

"Thanks."

"Alright then, take care of yourself."

Goth bowed slightly and waved. He watched Choice as he walked down the corridor away from his room till he was out of sight.

Thanks for reading.