Chapter 55

TULIPS

Ice stood confidently on the stage with the rest of the competitors. His eyes roved the audience but Earth was not in sight. Where could he have run off to? He felt a little nervous. He wondered if he will get any tulip at this rate.

'May the contestants please step forward, and receive your pink tulips for the most popular votes.

'Your tulips will be collected by the staff and counted. Let us all gently walk down the stage and hand your favorite moon and star the tulips. Thank you.'

The contestants were still dressed in their costumes. They all responded by moving to the front of the stage. A soft music was playing in the background.

The audience began to line up, each holding little bunches of pink, cream and red tulip flowers.

The Siam tulips was popular in that region. The school used it as an opportunity to promote the richly vast Siam tulips of Thai.

The lineup for Goth was quite long. It seemed he became popular overnight. He was surprised to see Joe who had represented their faculty before he got into an accident. He had a bandaged arm.

"Fighting, Goth... Make sure you win," he said and handed him a bunch of tulips.

Goth nodded and collected the flowers.

Many fans of Pink lined up to gave her pink tulips, she beckoned to them to also give Ice which they did.

Mark came forward and handed a bunch to his best friend. Ice smirked when he saw him.

Ice eyes widened when he looked up and saw Earth in line. He breathed out in relief. He noticed his hands was empty.

"Where have you been? Where are my tulips?"

"I told you to smile more often," Earth patted his lover on his cheeks which made Ice blush red.

Earth collected a 99 red tulips bouquet from the boy behind him and handed it to Ice.

"Here is your 99 tulips bouquet from my heart. You're the best, Ice."

The rest of the students groaned in surprise.

The boy beside Earth also handed his bunch of tulips. Ice was dumbfounded. He just held the flowers and stared at Earth. How much did he spend to get this whole bunch? This was too much for Ice to contain. No one ever gone this far to do something for him. It was a special moment for him.

Another groan and scream was heard from the stage and all eyes went to Goth. Choice had also brought his 99 tulips bouquet and handed it to his junior.

'Kiyaaaaa... It's a double 99 tulips bouquet challenge,' The male host commented.

'Who is going to win the most popular vote. It will be a difficult one to judge.'

The host went on teasing the moons. The flowers was really piling up at Goth's side. He didn't have time to greet all his voters.

'Okay... okay... This vote ends in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1. Thank you for voting. While we wait for the staff to count the flowers we want to say a big thank you to our sponsors, skin clearer...'

The host called out a list of sponsors who made the occasion possible by supporting the moons and stars with their products.

Goth's face was still full of smiles. He felt shy but seeing his senior in the audience gave him strength and courage. The students in the stage were in a world of their own. They were all interested in the results and not what the hosts was saying.