Chapter 7

TULIPS

Choice

It was seven in the evening and he had taken the next bus transit to town. The night was cool after the day's heat was over. He was  relaxing and letting his mind calm down and just flow with the ride. The driver pulled over at a major busstop, some people got down while a few passengers got in. Among them was Goth.

Goth had a long day too. He was still recovering from his heartbreak and still feeling very fragile at the moment. He just kept regretting his past and wished he could turn back the hands of time.

Choice noticed him immediately. Goth had soft features. He had small eyes and small pink lips. Long dark hair that covered most of his forehead and eyes. He was in his white short-sleeved shirt and black shorts.

"Goth, come over," Choice beckoned to the younger boy who with a smile on his face, made his way to where his senior was sitting.

"P' where are you going?" Goth asked after he settled down.

"Just going on an errand for my uncle. What of you?"

"P' I'm going home. My other roommate is going for a party. It will be boring without him."

"Why don't you go to the party with him?" Choice asked inquisitively.

"I'm not the type to go to parties. Besides I'm very shy," Goth replied softly.

Choice shook his head in disagreement. "Don't tell me you're scared to sleep alone."

Hearing that, Goth laughed. "No, P'..."

"I can stay with you if you want."
Goth was speechless. He stared at Choice with  small puppy eyes.

"Will you really do that for me?"

Choice nodded. "You're such a baby," he tapped Goth's forehead with his fingers.

Goth looked out of the window. Choice have been like a brother to him. Always looking out for him, making sure he was healthy and ate his meals.

He always felt comfortable around this senior and shared most of his secrets with him. He only stayed away from Choice when he was dating Ice. But Choice never questioned him about the relationship. He still accepted him as normal. He never even scolded him.

"You look tired. You can lean on my shoulders."
Goth looked into the brown eyes. Did he really mean that?

Choice crossed his left arm over Goth's shoulders and pulled him closer to his chest. Goth was really tired. He softly leaned on the broad chest and closed his eyes to take in the moment.

"Thanks P."

Goth soon drifted to a short nap.

...

Earth

Ice parked his car a block away from the school restaurant. He was an hour early to school. He hit the steering wheel twice with his fist. He was going crazy. Crazy!

Damn it!

He always got what he wanted in very short time. Why is this guy proving stubborn, huh? He felt like he was suffocating inside the car. He came out of the car and banged the door so hard. He hit the car and looked towards the restaurant. Then he took a walk to clear his head.

Earth watched Ice from the window and saw the young man's reaction. He wondered what was bothering the ice king. He packed up two big trash bags and walked outside to dispose it.

Just then a security officer patrolling around the area noticed the car that was parked wrongly.

He inspected the car and knew it was a rather expensive car.

"Hey kid," The man called out to Earth. "This car is parked wrongly. Do you know who the owner is?"

He scratched his head in thought. He looked left and right. Where did Ice disappear to?

"Ahh, sir, it's my friend's car," Earth stammered. "He will be right back."

"Didn't he see the right parking spot!" the man pointed.

"Forgive him. He will be right back soon." He looked around then he spotted Ice trotting back the road. "He's here."

Earth faced Ice. "Can you get your car out of the road?"

"Why?" Ice blurted. He ignored the security officer who walked away when saw the rich owner of the car.

"You parked wrongly, Ice. Obey the traffic rules."

"Obey. the. traffic rules?" Ice smirked. "You really don't know anything about me yet, Earth. The traffic obeys me, rather."

Ice ego pouted everywhere. The young waiter was getting tired already. It was too early to start a discussion let alone an argument. He would rather put his energy to work.

"Good for you. If you will excuse me, I've got work to do."

Ice pinched himself when he realized his mistake. Instead of saying things to make Earth like him he was letting his ego get in the way.

"Earth..." He called. "I can drop you by your department if you want."

Earth became furious. Why was Ice pestering his life? He turned back and walked forcefully back to Ice.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you go around picking random people and dropping them at school, huh?"

"..."

"Just go park your car somewhere else and leave-me-the-hell-alone."

He turned and walked back into the restaurant leaving the taller guy to stare into thin air.

Ice squeezed the crease in his forehead and breathed deeply. He felt like he have been punched twice in the face. To hell with Earth. Damn him! He got into his car and drove off angrily.

Earth felt relieved when he saw the car zoom off. How could he come to make trouble so early in the morning? How can he even be friends with people like Ice.

Earth continued cleaning up the restaurant chairs and tables. He cleaned up the counter and cleared the register from yesterday sales.

He opened the drawers and counted the remaining change from yesterday sales. He entered his boss office to clean the table and chair. He saw a bundle of neatly wrapped cash on the chair. It must have fallen off his bag when his boss left last night.

He picked it up. Suddenly he remembered his sick mother, his tuition fees and debts. This bundle of cash can solve all his problems if he will pick it and disappear.

He tried to concentrate and work. He prepared the the different flavors of milk, and fruit juice. Few customers had already started coming for breakfast.

He wondered why his boss was late for work. As he was thinking about it, the man barged into the restaurant. He signalled to Earth to follow him to his office. The look on his face spelled trouble.

"What happened yesterday? Why did the sales drop? Are you selling my ideas to another restaurant? Earth?"

"Boss, I can never do that."

"Then why did the sales drop? what I recorded when I got home is far too low...huh... Did you steal my money?" The man's voice was hitting the roof.

Earth realised that it was the money he had forgotten at the office that must have caused the shortage. He dipped his hands into his apron pocket and brought out the bundle of cash.

"Here. You must have dropped this on your way home."

His boss was speechless. He collected the money with the speed of light and counted the notes. He eyed Earth at intervals as if he couldn't believe his eyes.
When he was satisfied with the amount of money in his hands he cleared his throat.

"Get back to work."

Introducing the characters and our next couple Goth and Choice.

Keep reading to find how their love story unfolds. I promise it will get more interesting.

Thanks for reading