Chapter 44

TULIPS

The staffs arrived early to meet the moons and stars already waiting at the bus park. It was almost when they bus drove in to the compound.

They quickly inspected the students and made sure they were dressed properly. They also checked the students luggage, making sure none of them carried any harmful materials.

Instead of the usual black and white uniform they all dressed in casual light colourful wears.

They soon lined up and began entering the bus one by one.

Parked beside the bus was a clean luxury car, an Ashton Martin belonging to Ice.

He was putting on his sunglasses and looked so cool. The girls couldn't help giggling and commenting.

"He's so cool."

"Oh my... he's so handsome."

"Hello Ice..."

A familiar female voice greeted sweetly.

Ice removed his sun shade to get a better look at the person talking.

Pink?

"Are you going with your car."

Ice rolled his eyes. Obviously. He nodded.

Pink ran her hand over her long red hair. The sun was hitting on her face and she pretended to fan herself with her hand.

"Are you going... alone?"

"Pink, I have company. You can't come with me. So don't bother asking," Ice replied bluntly.

"Oh... Really, who? Your boyfriend? Who is he? Huh... Ice are you ignoring me? Ice I am talking to you..."

Ice smirked. He tapped a button and the tinted glass on his window slowly slid up, closing on Pink as she was talking to herself.

Ice checked his wrist watch. It was ten minutes past twelve. He was getting impatient already.

Just then a luxury car stopped at the driveway. Ice looked and saw Mark stepping out from the  passenger seat. Mark waved at the person and she drove off.

Ice smiled grimly as he caught a glimpse of who was driving the car. It's  been a while since he saw Mark's mom. She still looked pretty and young as always.

He quickly got out of his car and rested his back on it. He watched Mark trotting towards the bus.

"Mark..." He called.

"Uh, Ice..." Mark's face suddenly changed to a frown. "Are you coming in your car?"

"Yes. And you are coming with me."
Ice smirked. He loved the shocking look on his friend's cute face.

"Ice but I told you I was going with..."

Mark gestured to the bus whose engines were already warming up and about to move. He swallowed hard and gripped the bag on his right shoulder.
What was Ice up to?

Without warning he grabbed Mark's left hand, holding him tightly on his wrist.

...

Tan had dialled Mark's number several times. It kept ringing but he was not picking up. They had planned to go together with the bus but right now the bus was already on its way. Tan looked out of the window. Where could Mark be? To his surprise he saw Mark and Ice. Ice was holding his hands. He got pissed and shut the window. Ice?
That two timing bastard.

...

"And you think I will let you?" Ice raised his eyebrows and glared at Mark.

Mark's eye brightened in shock when he saw that the other man was serious. He struggled to release his hand but Ice held on tightly till the bus slowly made its way out of the bus stop and drove down the main highway.

Mark had no choice but to join Ice. He hated it so much he felt so uncomfortable throughout the ride. He took a few glances at Ice at intervals as he was seriously focused on the driving. They approached a mini mart. Though Mark thirsty, he had to pretend and held it in.

"Do you want something to drink?"
He heard Ice ask.

"No. I'm fine."

"You didn't answer my question last time."

"What question?"

"Who are cheering for? Me or... "

Mark was quiet. He knew Ice was having a good time pissing him off with all this talk.

"Why don't you cheer for me?" Ice asked again. "What will you do for me if I win?" Ice tried to be nice.

Mark breathed. "Nothing. Maybe someone who likes you will cheer for you."

Maybe?

"Someone who likes me?" Ice asked.

"Yes, someone who loves you, will cheer for you."

Love?

"You don't like me, is that what you are saying?"

"I like you as a friend but..."

But? Not enough?

"That guy."

"What guy?"

"The one you ignored. Earth is his name. I think he likes you."

Ice remained quiet.

"Ice?"

"What?"

"Are you listening to me?"

Ice looked out the window and rolled his eyes.

Earth likes him... Indeed.

"You just have to listen to what he has to say. He genuinely likes you."

"Just as I like you..."

"Ice..." Mark breathed nervously. "You never thought of me that way. Moreover, you're not my type."

Ice suddenly hit the brakes. The brakes squealed as the car suddenly stopped with a jerk.

He didn't realise the car in front of him had suddenly slowed down. The car jerked to an automatic stop few inches away from hitting the car in front of his.

Mark held his seat belt tightly. His heart flew to his stomach. Did he say something to provoke his friend again?

"Take it easy, please," Mark muttered. He remained quiet for the rest of the drive.

. . .

The bus made its way into the luxurious Springfield sea resort and spa hotel located beside the beach. Ice arrived five minutes later just in time to join them in the waiting room for the announcements.

"Everybody is here now, that's good. There is no much time. First we are going to assign work to everyone today.

"You can have all the fun you want but remember we are watching you and rating your behaviours. Work hard and take this very seriously.

"Since it's already evening, take a rest. We will call you back for the next announcement."

The other staff in charge of the rooms spoke to the students.
"You can choose your roommate. The rooms are assigned with a staff, in case you have any problems let me know or P'Nut over here."

"We want you guys to get along and no fighting or cursing okay?"

"Okay!!" The students chorused.

"P'Nut, show the kids to their rooms."

Thanks for reading