Chapter 56

TULIPS

After the competition that night Wip and his brother joined some of the senior soccer players to drink at the bar beside the school.

The bar was darkly lit and lots of couples sat here and there.

There was a singer at the podium playing out some tunes on his guitar. He looked like he was in his early twenties.

Tip glanced at him from his table and recalled the moments Skit had sat in that same chair, singing melancholic songs.

He refilled his glass cup again.

"Are you celebrating something. You seem to be in a good mood to drink tonight. I mean I was surprised when you called me out."

"Oh yeah. It's obvious right?" Tip placed the half empty beer bottle in the middle of the table.

"It's been weeks since I saw you here, I was wondering what is the occasion." Bank took a sip from his cup.

"You know my brother have been getting on my nerves recently but I just ignore him. You know he is becoming stronger than me."

Bank laughed. He turned and glanced at Wip who was drinking  with his friends in another table. He was really enjoying his time out.

Tip was becoming drowsy but he managed to put himself together on his chair.

"The occasion? You want to know what the occasion is?"

"Tell me..." The other was eager to know.

"Loneliness... Bank. I'm back to been lonely once again."

"Haha, is that something to celebrate?"

"Oh well, it was Wip's idea. I'm really going to kill that boy." Tip gulped down the beer in his cup.

"Maybe he was trying to help."

"This is not helping me."

"I can keep you company, like I always do, right."

"Yes..." Tip sighed. "But you won't be here always, since you have someone."

"I can set you up with someone if you want."

Tip tilted his head side by side. "Set me up? A'Bank? How does that even sound."

"Why? Find someone and stop being lonely."

Tip shook his head as he refilled his cup. "No one is going to be like him."

"Who?"

"That guy... the singer."

"Which singer? Tip are you drunk already?"

Tip looked at bank with sleepy eyes. He wouldn't know of Skit. He was like his secret, mystery friend. The times he spent with Skit was like a dream.  Now he woke up to reality once again.

Tip looked at his cup. "Come on, bottoms-up, Drink up... Fast fast..."

The two young men gulped down their beers in one drop.

"Let's do another round?"

"Another round? A'Tip, aren't you drunk already?"

"No, not yet. Refill my cup and put more ice."

"Bottoms-up, bottoms-up.... "

Tip got drunk after going three rounds. He began rambling about a lot of things. The other people at the bar looked at him like he was going crazy.

"Tip, Tip... enough already." Wip chided.

"Enough what? Huh?" Tip spat. "Leave me alone."

Wip checked his watch. It was almost ten o'clock pm. He needed to get Tip out of here.