Chapter 36

TULIPS

The dance lessons for the competition soon commenced at the next meeting.

Every moon and star were busy as they learnt a catchy dance choreographed by a popular dancer, P'Pam.

It was a dance where you step to the front and step to the back, shimmy to the left and shimmy to the right, turn around, draw a heart shape in the air and point to your partner. The moves were simple so that everyone could participate fully.

Ice hated dancing. It was Mark's thing. He just tried his best to learn the moves quickly.

Pink was really having fun with the whole dance routine and smiling awkwardly as if he was her boyfriend. He had a stern look through out the practice.

Tan watched Ice from a corner too. He wondered if he really wanted to date Mark. Although Mark couldn't see it, but he noticed Ice may have other interests in Mark.

After about an hour of practice, the staff let the students go on a fifteen minutes break.

Tan came outside the hall and saw Mark already waiting for him. He held a snack bag in his hand. Tan smiled and walked over to meet him.

"What are you now? My guardian angel?" He asked cheerfully. He was panting a bit and streaks of sweat was on his forehead.

Mark chuckled. If it were possible he would be more than an angel for Tan.

"I brought you some snacks."

"Thanks."

The two young men sat down. Tan told Mark about the dance and said he was going to teach him since he also loved dancing.

Mark stared at Tan as he ate his snacks hungrily. Mark noticed the sweats of his friend's face. He quickly brought out his handkerchief and dabbed it on Tan's forehead. Tan froze for some seconds.

Ice, who was still in the hall pressing his phone looked out of the window. He strained his eyes and was just in time to capture the moment. He was still in the hall, he could see Mark through the window and the other guy sitting at the corner. So it was true. Some local boy really caught Mark's eye.

He took out his phone and dialled a number.

Mark's phone vibrated in his pocket. He excused himself and went to a corner to pick the call.

"Hello, Ice."

"Where are you?"

"Almost at the hall. Do you need something?" Mark stammered out.

"What is delaying you? Are you alone?"

Mark turned and glanced at Tan for a second. "Yes, why?"

Ice simpered as he disconnected the call. Mark, his best friend, playing dumb and playing with some boy. Definitely he is not letting Mark go without a fight.

The staff soon called the students back to complete the dance practice. Ice stared at Tan grimly as he walked into the hall.

* * *

Choice eagerly paced in front of a building in the school. He wished he could at least see the person he came to look for.

He came all the way to this department just to meet the person who stood him up by not coming to the movies last weekend.

He had heard from Ex that he will be in school today. He decided to leave everything he was doing and come see him.

Luckily for him, Goth came out of the class. He probably wanted to go to the bathroom or something since the lecture wasn't over yet.

"Goth... Wait."

Goth was already suffering emotionally, now he had mixed feelings. His mother's request to stay away from boys affected him. He hadn't spoken to her since that day. He haven't spoken to Choice too.

All he thought about was how he was going to change his sexuality to please his mom.

To his surprise Goth only glanced at him and continued walking.

"What is the matter?" Choice caught up with the young man. He looked away hiding his eyes with his hair. There was tension in the air.

Goth was sure Choice was about to scold him because there was fury in his eyes.

To his surprise, he felt a hand grab and pulled him to a hug.
"It's okay. Goth," Choice whispered.

Nothing was okay. How can he even say that after all that happened? Goth closed his eyes in pain.

"Hey, look at me. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to."

Goth bent his head and looked at the floor.
"Right now you are running a fever."

"Me?" Goth wasn't aware he was getting sick. He looked pale already and worn out from all the crying. He tapped his forehead to check his body temperature.

"Come. Let me get you some medicine," Choice said.

Goth stared at the senior as he followed behind him. Why was he even nicer to him than before?

Thanks for reading