Chapter 23

TULIPS

"Everybody. Listen up. Welcome to another moon and star meeting," coordinator Honey addressed the twenty two students. She was a transgender female staff of the school as was in charge of the freshmen activities.

"We are going to start the real business of the competition today. First of all, I want everyone to stand with his or her couple. Quickly... couple up."

The students quickly shuffled and paired themselves up. Pink stood with Ice. Both hated each other so they kept some space away.

Tan coupled with Kwan, a quiet but very beautiful girl.

Joe stood beside Rise. The rest also paired up quickly.

"Good," coordinator Honey continued. "For our competition this year, we are going to have the dance performance, a fashion show and a talent show."

The students clapped their hands with surprises on the faces.

"It's going to be a tough one. Before we continue, like I promised last week, our present moon is going to visit us. He is here right now."

They students all screamed in excitement.

"No screaming, appreciate him by clapping your hands for him."

Moon Ming proudly walked up to the middle of the room with a smile on his face. He looked neat and handsome in his white shirt black tie and black trousers.

"Hello pretty ladies and gentlemen."

The students screamed even louder at Ming when he spoke.

"I'm Ming from college of engineering. Thanks for the invitation. All I will say is while your carrying out the activities for the competition don't neglect your studies. Thank you," he bowed and stepped aside.

The students cheered for him.

"Awww that's so sweet," P'Honey said sweetly. "Thank you Nong Ming. We have our makeup artists and hairstylists who are going to makeup you up and prepare you all for your photoshoot in a few minutes."

The three makeup artists soon got to work making the stars and moons up. The moons were groomed up and made to look more handsome and attractive like princes.

Ice sulked throughout the shoot. He hated the new style the stylist did with his hair.

He hated putting up with Pink antics during the photo shoot. Pink was all over him trying to make people feel they were a real couple.

He walked to a mirror and combed his hair back to his usual style. His face lit when he saw Earth enter the studio through the mirror.

He held drink boxes while Ming passed the drinks to the students. He noticed Earth was all smiles as Ming talked with him.

He suddenly felt a pang of jealousy hit his chest. Nothing annoyed him like someone else playing with his toy. He wanted to stomp over and rip Ming's face off for smiling with Earth.

Ming wished the students luck and left them.

Ice fumed with anger. So Earth could be all smiles for the moon but not with him. He tightened his jaw and breathed deeply.

Ice watched as Earth loaded the snack boxes in Ming's car. They both got into the car and drove off.

* * *

The strides he took was short and precise. He strode to the parking lot. Mark walked like a gentleman towards his car. He unlocked his car and opened the trunk.

Ice had requested for a project work, and he was about to bring it from his car. Ice said he will meet Mark at the parking lot after their photoshoot.