Chapter 45

TULIPS

Mark stood beside the car. He was really confused at this moment. What is he going to tell Tan? Tan have already been suspicious of him and Ice lately and now this. He looked through the doorway and watches the students disperse in different directions.

He was relieved when he saw Tan walking out of the waiting hall. Though he was nervous he decided to approach him. To his surprise Tanaporn just walked past him like he wasn't even standing there.

"Tan, Tan wait," Mark called behind.

Mark stopped but he didn't turn back. "I am sorry. Before I came the bus had already moved. So I had to join Ice..."

Tan got even more pissed off hearing that name. He continued walking. He was heading to the beach side to clear his head.

"Andy..."

"Mark. Stop this. Why are you lying to me?" Tan snapped.

"I am not lying..."

"First you told me you were just friends."

"Andy, we are just friends. You are misunderstanding everything."

"Oh. I am now misunderstanding... you..." Tan gestured to Mark to stop talking and... "Don't you dare follow me."

He turned around furiously and ran to the shores of the beach.

Tears welled up Mark's eyes.

He felt someone tap his shoulders. He turned to see the person. It was Kwan, the star for engineering. Mark recognized her as Tan's partner.

"Don't cry. Are you Mark?"

The young man nodded.

"I am Kwan. Tan told me a lot about you."

"He did?"

The pretty girl nodded. She was so natural and friendly. "I believe you. I saw what Ice did and I know it was not your fault. Don't worry I will speak to Tan."

"You will?"

"From the things he said to me, I think he really likes you. And you are such a cute nice person. So don't worry. Go get a room for the both of you, while I go talk to him."

Mark was dumbfounded. Was this person even real? Who does this? He was grateful and bowed. He felt like a burden has been lifted off his shoulders.

"Thank you. A'Kwan. Thank you."

* * *

Goth entered the room assigned to him. It was small and cozy. He walked to the open balcony and feels the wind. He felt relaxed as the breeze blew on his hair.

"You choose this room."
He heard a voice.

"Yes P."

The senior joined him at the balcony. "Wao... You can see the beach from here. Nice view."

"P... Will you stay with me. I don't really like staying alone especially in a strange place."

"Sure. I will."

"P'Choice, Thank you."

"Goth, Why are you thanking me? I haven't even done anything to deserve your thanks."

"Of course you have. You have done a lot. You want me to mention."

Choice gazed at the younger man. He walked to the bed and sat down.

"I'm not thanking you because you said you will stay with me, I'm thanking you for being there for me."

Choice looked at the boy again as if he wasn't sure what he was saying.

"I am just Choice, I don't really have a car, or have that kind of money to spend on you, but I always try to do my best and make you happy."

"P'Choice, what you have done for me is more than any expensive car money can buy."

"You were there when I cried. You even took care of me and paid my bills, that day I was terrified when you followed me home but somehow you convinced my mom and she changed her mind.

You encouraged me to join the competition and everybody seemed to support me. I did not expect it."

"That's enough, Goth," Choice sits beside him. He blinks several times and gathers up courage to express himself. "I'm in love with you Goth."

"P..."

"I have loved you since we were in high school but I thought you were into rich boys, I thought I was not going to fit into the type of person you like."

"P'Choice..." Goth whispered softly.

"Can you call my name more often. I like it."

Choice grabs Goth's head. He gently rubs his soft cheeks with his thumb.

They both leaned closer to each other and Choice planted a soft kiss on the other's lips.

* * *

The waves from the beach was getting heavier. The young man who was hurt walked to sit on one of the chairs few metres away from the waters.

Tan can be a bit uncontrollable when he was angry and he hated showing that part of him especially to people he loved.

If only he hadn't met Mark in the first place, he would not have gone down this lane at all. After all they were cousins, why will he be having feelings for him,? Why?

A part of him longed for the young man, another part wanted to escape from it all.

"Have some," he heard a female voice behind him.

He looked up to see Kwan giving him a packet snack. Tan was hungry so he collected it.

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"What is the matter?"

"The guy I told you about in the bus. I just feel like he is not been truthful to me."

"Uh... It depends on which angle you see it."

"What angle are you talking about?"

"Can't you see he is in the middle of a triangle here. I think he is trying not to hurt both of you."

"Who are you referring to, A'Kwan?"

"A'Tan and A'Ice. Two of you."

Tan had never thought of it that way. Maybe Kwan was right.

To be continued...

Thanks for reading