Chapter 32

TULIPS

"Ah! I can't wait anymore. I need to go home. I miss my mom's rice noodles and shrimp soup," Ex whined.

It was getting dark and Ex wanted to get home before the bus stopped running for the night.

"Have some patience, she will be here soon," Ploy replied.

The two friends were sitting in front of their college waiting for their friends.so they could go home together.

"A'Ploy, why do you want to go with her? Do you have other plans with her?"

Ploy hit the back of Ex head. "You're crazy. If I want to have plan with anybody not Fern, you asshole."

"Why?"

"Because she likes Earth. Crazy."

"Huh... Since when? Should I set them up?"

"Don't set them up!"

"I will."

"Go ahead Ex. I saw your chubby girlfriend. I know her college. If you don't stay put I'm going to tell her you miss her."

"No no... Please. Ploy come on. I was only joking. Can't I joke with you?" Ex squeezed his eyebrows in fear of the unknown. "I have a phobia for staying out late, you know I'm so handsome, I might get kidnapped." He quickly stood up to avoid been hit by Ploy.

Ploy looked up and sighted Fern coming towards them. She took long strides and soon reached them in seconds.

"What are guys talking about setting up? Who has a phobia?" She asked looking a bit confused.

Both boys pointed at each other.

"You guys are crazy." Fern collected her bag from Ploy. "I didn't see A'Earth. We better leave before its too dark." They began walking out of the school premises.

Ex saw Choice walking past them. He walked really slowly like he lost strength and looked downcast. Ex quickly ran to meet him. It's been a while since he saw Choice.

Ex noticed his friend wasn't happy. He asked what was amiss and Choice told him everything that happened with Goth. He even dialled Goth's number and it was still not available.

"Maybe something happened to him. I don't know what to do. I just hope to see him in school by Monday " Choice said before taking the next available shuttle bus to the medical dorm.

Ex realised his friend was  worried and wondered if he will sleep at all tonight. Since it was the weekend, Ex decided to stop by Goth's family house and check on him. But he never told Choice this.

. . .

Goth's house was located in an estate complex and it was quite lonely and quiet at night except for the security guards patrolling the area.

Ex reached Goth's house. He looked up at the building and guessed Goth's room would be upstairs. He sighted the window and began throwing little stones up to the window.

"What am I doing?" He thought aloud. He kept stoning the window. "Goth wake up..."  He whispered.

Suddenly he heard a sound. He ran and hid behind the flowers. The windows flew open and Goth poked his sleepy head out.

Ex was happy. He ran out of the flowers and waved both his hands happily at Goth.

Goth came out and joined Ex at a corner away from the house. He really looked sick. His eyes were swollen like he haven't had a sleep in days. His tummy was flat too and his collar bones stood out.

Ex saw all this and felt pity for him.

"A'Goth. What's the problem? Don't suffer alone."

Goth looked at the funny guy. He never knew the funny friend can have a serious side.

"Why did you come?" Goth replied coldly. His lips was dried and pale.

"A'Goth. Someone is worried about you. Can you at least call this person?"

"Nobody is worried about me."

"A'Goth, what's making you mad?"

Goth was quiet.

"Who are talking about then?" He breathed.

"P'Choice."

Goth turned and backed the other man. Why will Choice be worried about him? He stood him up by not coming to the movies. That should be enough reason to move on and not worry about him in that way.

"Goth... P'Choice is a nice person. I don't know what you might be thinking right now, but whatever the problem is, I think he have a right to know."

"There's no point. He can forget about me." Goth held back tears.

"He can't. I promise you P'Choice cannot forget about you."

"He should," Goth turned to leave.

"Can you just call him so that someone can sleep tonight?" Ex held out his phone towards Goth.

...

Choice had just taken a shower. He wondered why his tummy hurt so much. Then he remembered he hadn't eaten anything throughout the day. He walked to the balcony of his room and stared to the sky.

As he was wearing his short and white shirt, his phone rang out. He picked it from the bed and answered the call.

"Are you in your room?" It was Nick.

"Yes, Nick. My stomach hurts so bad."

"That's because you haven't had a meal. Don't worry your junior will be fine."

"Thanks Nick. Can we go pick something for dinner together."

"Okay. I will meet you in the front in a minute."

Choice contemplated on switching his phone off since he wasn't expecting any other call.

On a second thought he flung it on the bed and went to close the balcony door. He switched off the lights and left the room.

Thirty seconds later, his phone vibrated shining its light rays in the dark room. On the screen was written Ex.

...

Goth returned to his room so exhausted. He was not surprised that his senior refused to pick the call. He was not bothered by it either.

He breathed deeply tossing himself around the bed. He had promised his late father not to cause any problems to his mother. He wanted to keep that promise even if it hurts so bad.

Thanks for reading