Chapter 16

TULIPS

"Hey, sleepy head you can wake now. The professor is gone."

Ex raised his head from his desk and glanced at his friend Earth, sitting beside him. He squinted his sleepy eyes and yawned hungrily. He had slept through out the science class. Typical of him.

"I am so tired my brain is spinning," Ex said in a sleepy tone.

"When you stay up late chatting your facebook girlfriends."

"A'Earth, you know I can't do without my facebook connections."

Ploy and Fern shook their heads at their facebook addicted friend.

"I need to keep in touch with my facebook girls. They all say I am handsome."

"Here he goes again with his boring talk," Ploy cuts in. "You are not the only handsome person here. Ass."

Fern giggled over the boys silliness. She tapped Ploy on his shoulders.

"A'Ploy, you said you wanted to tell Earth something, do you remember?" Fern said. She was the girl in group but was closer to Ploy.

"Ah... Yes. A'Earth, do you know Ice from IC department?" Ploy asked.

"Not really." Earth replied.

"But he is your friend, right?"

"What the heck happened Ploy? Tell me. I know him," Ex interrupted.

"You were sleeping just now, but your mouth never sleeps Ex," Fern moved her hands to grab Ex's mouth.

"He was at the restaurant yesterday, in your spot, selling drinks and food to the students." Ploy crossed his arms on his chest.

"Oh, really. Ice..." Earth muttered as he recalled his boss words.

"Yes." Ploy nodded.

Is that why his boss did not scold him, because it was Ice who worked at the restaurant.

"How long did he work?" Earth asked curiously.

"He worked till around lunch. The girls were crazy about him. The restaurant was really crowded " Ploy replied demonstrating with his hands.

"Shiiiiaaa... Where was I? How did i miss this?" Ex scratched his head.

"He must be determined," Earth muttered to himself, referring to Ice.

"No wonder," Ex interrupted again. "He came to see Earth in the dorm. He even bought Earth some sweets." He chuckled.

"What?" Fern shouted. "Wait... wait. Is this ice king hitting on my Earth?"

"Yes!" Ex said with boldness.

Earth held Ex in his shirt collar as if he was about to strangle him. "Be careful. Can't you keep quiet for a minute. You should be a reporter not an engineering student."

Ploy laughed. "I agree with you Earth. Reporter Ex. Reporting from expert news..."

Actually Ex's mom was a pretty news reporter in one of the popular news channel. His close friends knew about her and they normally made fun of him saying he had a big mouth.

Earth picked his bag. "Guys I need to go. If you guys are coming to the restaurant to eat, call me first okay."

"Okay. Bye."

Fern turned to Ex. "Are you serious that guy actually came to see Earth."

"Of course. Better suitors are coming for him."

"I hear he has a bad reputation. If he hurts my Earth, I swear I'm going to kill him!" Fern squeezed her fists.

Ploy laughed out loud. He stared at Fern's small fist. "Are you going to kill him with this?"

Ex grabbed his friends shoulders and glared at them.

"I think I have to go spy more on Earth today. I don't this want to miss any action." He picked his bag and ran out of the class.

...

Goth

For the past two weeks now, he had been feeling overwhelmed and flustered by the event that happened to him. The event he was trying so hard to forget but couldn't.

Firstly, he met Ice and out of the blue they started dating. It felt like magic. He enjoyed the attention and money. Ice gave him whatever he wanted. He made him feel special.

Just when he thought he was going to give his heart fully to this first love, he called it off in a rather brutal way.

He had never experienced a heart break. He only heard of it from other people's experience. Now it happened to him, he totally felt terrible.

The other night his mother noticed how moody he was and asked what the problem was. Goth had promised not to hide anything from her. Since he lost his father in a fatal car accident, he promised to take care of his mom and never hide anything from her.

He told her about Ice and the breakup. But he didn't mention his name. His mom was not happy about it. She wanted him to be happy and have a healthy relationship.

It was still difficult for her to accept the fact that he was gay.

Since homosexuality was still seen as a taboo in most parts of the world, it wasn't easy to adjust to it in a short time. His mother probably needed time to understand him.

Goth tossed around his bed. When he couldn't sleep anymore he switched on the lights and sat on the bed, leaning his back on the wall. Lately he had been lacking in his sleep pattern and sometimes had headaches.

He picked up his phone and scrolled to the gallery of his phone.

He breathed heavily and held his chest when he opened up his photo folder where Ice's pictures were saved.

Ice had opened up a whole new world of love to him but he never even loved him. He never cared because if he did he wouldn't have hurt his heart the way he did.

He blinked rapidly as tears welled in his eyes.

You have to stop crying Goth, he told himself.

He will get over him. With time he will. He didn't want to sob. But he had to do this to move on.

One by one he deleted the pictures.

Despite all the pain and sadness, Goth felt, a part of him was glad and relieved. There was another chance for him to make a better choice.

He wiped the tears streaming down his cheeks and laid back to sleep.

To be continued...

Thanks for reading.