Chapter 37

TULIPS

After practicing for another one hour, the staff called it a day.

For the freshmen students, they were exhausted from all the dancing and they all tried their best to master all the moves so that they don't keep repeating it.

The staff announced they will be served refreshments and they can wait behind if they wanted some. When Ice heard this he decided to wait a bit. Not because he wanted some snack but he might see someone he had been missing all day.

In a few minutes, the refreshments came. Earth arrived with the snack packs as usual and began serving the students. He was neatly dressed with his white apron over his body.

Ice stood at the far end of the hall watching the young man.

He suddenly got jealous when two girls started talking to Earth. What were they saying?

"A'Earth, why are you not in the competition?" The first girl asked.

"Yes, you are really cute. You should represent your college," the other said.

And then Earth smiled. "Thanks but I am really busy. I can't keep up with practice."

The girls nodded. They were sipping their cup of juice and all, but they didn't seem satisfied with Earth's reply. They still pressed on for Earth to join the group.

Earth didn't see Ice at first when he entered the hall. But then he saw him at the corner. He wasn't too sure if Ice needed his cheap snack, since he had rejected it last time.

"Here is your snack."

Ice stared at him with downcast eyes. He then mimicked Earth's voice and repeated

"Here is your snack."

Earth frowned his face. He was really busy at the moment and was not in the mood for games.

"Ice do you want this or not?"

Ice grabbed Earth's arms without warning and dragged him out of the hall. He stopped at the flowery garden beside the building.

Earth panicked. Did he find out about something?

"Do you have something to tell me?"

"Something like what?" Earth answered confidently, trying not appear scared.

"You tell me. I'm curious to know."

Earth looked down to the grasses. He tried to figure what this master was trying to insinuate.

"From the look of things, I can see that you are still involved in criminal acts, which leaves me no choice than to classify you under those disgusting locals."

"You have no right to judge any body. If you have something to say to me, say it!" Earth spat.

"Say to you? Like I care..."

"I don't care either."

Ice smirked. The cute one got bolder. "You have no idea how irritating I can be, Earth."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Why? Scared?"

Ice grabbed the cute guy in his arms and pulled him closer.

"What's your deal?"

"What do you mean? What's my deal?" Earth sighed, pulling his arm away from Ice's grip.

"Are we together or not?"

"We are not!" Earth said to his face.

Ice nodded as if he agreed with Earth's blunt reply. Rejection was what he feared and hated the most. But he saved his attack for the last fight.

Earth tried to maintain a stern face but he soon felt weak when he remembered the few times he did something really bad.

Ice will never forgive him if he found out that he had been picking his money from his wallet and his car.

Earth swallowed hard. The look on Ice's face was so threatening, he felt if he didn't talk, this master might ruin his life.

"Do you think I even love you. No, I don't. I just wanted to have fun. And you are making things difficult."

Ice glared at the cute young man. He felt his heart beating out his chest. Was it out of anger or something else? He blinked.

"Ice, I have something to tell..." Earth felt like confessing his wrongs at this moment before things got way out of hand.

"Shut up!"

Earth jumped in fear.

"Ice, I..."

"Don't ever, let me see, your face a metre near me. Ever!"

What? How is that possible?

"Ice?" Earth called. He looked downcast as he watched the master walk out on him.

The taller man didn't wait to hear what he had to say. He just walked away.

Earth wiped his face with both hands and scratched his hair in frustration. How did he get entangled with this overbearing Ice King in the first place?

Thanks for reading