Chapter 8

TULIPS

Tan

"Ayyyy... I don't know why P'Tip called us for training so early in the morning. I'm so tired," he murmured.

The junior players were all playing so lousily in the field. Tip wondered if they were doing that on purpose just to annoy him.

"Nat, Nat pass the ball, you slow punk. Pass the ball!" Tip screamed at Nat almost deafening the other players. "Tan go get the ball from Nat...you sloth..."

Tan looked up and sighted the ball coming towards his direction. He gathered his stamina, and with his last available strength he kicked the ball and shot it out of the football field. The rest of the players laid on the field in relief.

The ball flew over the pitch and landed on the middle of the road at the same time when Ice was driving by.

Ice quickly hit the brakes and stopped the car as the ball bounced over to the other side of the road. He got out of the car fuming with anger. Tan ran over to pick the ball.

"Who kicked the ball?" Ice fumed.

"I did. Why?"

"Why would you kick the ball like that? Do you want to smash my car?"

"Hey, you don't have to raise your voice at me. It was a mistake," Tan fired back.

"Mistake or not, stick to your field while you play that stupid game," Ice cursed and got back into his car. In a few seconds he zoomed off.

! ! !

Tan stood speechless. Who the hell did he think he was?

"Don't mind him, Ice is always like that," a voice said from across the road.

Tan looked and saw a princely looking young man walking towards him. "Are you his friend?"

"Yes I'm Mark. I'm his friend but not like him. Don't mind what he said."

Mark was tall and slim, with curly brown hair. He was soft spoken and had a cute smile.

Mark had picked up the ball and walked over to footballer. His heart skipped a beat when Mark walked up to him.

"You rich kids act the same to me," Tan blinked rapidly.

"No, we are not the same. Here is your ball."

Tanaporn collected the ball and watched Mark walk away.

He returned to the field and sat at the resting stand. He was exhausted and hungry. But felt moved by the young princely looking guy he just met. He told Nat about him.

"Hoy... You chattering boxes! Practice is not over," coach Tip was staring at the lazy boys.

"P'... We are hungry," Nataporn whined rubbing his aching stomach.

"You say you are hungry not we..."

"P', it's the same, I can eat a meal for three right now."

"I'm sure you have a parasite growing in your stomach. Get back to the field, quickly."

Tan and his tired friend whined and practically crawled back into the field. Tip stood with his hands on his waist watching the twin troublemakers.

"And Tan we are not leaving here today until you score a goal!" Tip yelled.

* * *

Pink and her two friends who were walking down to their department saw Ice driving by. Pink was excited she stood and waved at Ice. But Ice drove past her with full speed leaving her to gape in embarrassment.

* * *

Ex

He greeted his classmates with a handshake as he entered his class. They were happy to see him. Ex was the mover and shaker of Prattaporn. He was popular for his jovial character and big mouth.

Earth was busy with his phone when Ex interrupted him.

"Who are you chatting with? Your lover?" Ex teased.

"Ex, I don't have a lover."

"Yet..." Ex added and laughed. "You serve at the restaurant everyday you should meet pretty girls and handsome faces. There's a lot to choose from."

"Ex, I don't have that time."

"Yet..." Ex laughed. He brought out his textbook. Then he propped his head on his palms. "I need to do this assignment, aisshhh," he murmured to himself.

"Where did you sleep last night?"

"Oh, me?" Ex tapped his chest.
He recalled the party he attended last night and turned to his friend again.

"You missed alot, last night."

"What did I miss?"

"Party," Ex closed his book and faced Earth. "Someone that knew someone that knew Goth's roommate did some party. It was fun," Ex gestured in the air.

Earth wasn't surprised. Ex was all over the place with his crazy life.

"So you just went to a party, you were not invited and you don't even know the person, Ex."

"Of course, hey, I believe in three things in life, free food, free booze and free girls," Ex laughed.

"Free girls huh, You pervert."

"Earth, you need to have some fun... Don't worry, I will tell you when there will be another party, so you can come, okay," Ex whispered close to Earth's ears.

Earth rolled his eyes. Ex didn't really understand what he was passing through. If he was in Earth's shoes, he will not be talking about attending parties now.

He had loads of bills to pay. His mother's hospital bill, his father's debt and his school tuition. His daily pay was helping but he needed extra to be able to cover up.

Last time, the man his father was owing had showed up in the restaurant. He threatened to call the police if he didn't pay up.

Earth asked for another three months. If he didn't pay in three months time, he will probably be arrested.

Sometimes he wished he was Ex, always happy, living a carefree life.

Ploy and Fern entered the class and sat in front of the two boys.

"Oh my... Earth... You have really big dark circles under your eyes. Have you been sleeping?" Fern asked looking so worried.

She's been doting on Earth for a while but there have not been a chance for her to date him. She is a little thick with a chubby face and a bob hair style that grazed her neck.

Earth touched his cheeks. No one told him he had dark circles. Not even Ex his roommate. hardly noticed.

Ploy hit Ex on the back of his head.
"What have you been doing to Earth at night, sucking his blood...?"

"Who? Earth's blood will only taste of onions and garlic.... naaa," Ex smacked his lips to annoy Earth.

"Yours taste like shit, Ex," Earth fired back.

Fern and Ploy chuckled.

Just then the lecturer walked into the class.

Mark meets Tan, what will be their love story. They form the third couple in this drama.

Do remember to vote and comment.

Thanks for reading