Part Forty

Rheanna's POV

Me and Nathan are just sat their sobbing our hearts out. I get off of the bed and hug him, so tightly. After a couple of minuets we pull away to see the nurse staring at us, looking quite concerned. "Are you ok?" she asks.

"Yeah" We both say smiling. I go over to the screen and stroke where the baby's head is. I burst into tears again. The nurse hands me some tissue to clean my stomach up and then she starts to look through some paper work. "Erm, when did you have your last scan, Rheanna?" She asks me looking quite concerned.

"Erm, I had one when I was about two months pregnant" I tell her.

"Well, you've missed out on loads of checks and things. How come you never came for your other scans?" she asks me, worried. Nathan turns to look at me, confused.

"Erm, I was just busy" I lie. I can't exactly tell her that my boyfriend was beating me and I was living in the bathroom for a couple of months could I? The nurse is looking at me as if I was mental. She tutts and then carries on looking through her paper work. "Do you want to know the sex then?" She asks, still looking suspicious.

"Yeah!" Nathan says, excitedly. The nurse turns to me and I nod.

"Ok, it's a boy. You are just over five months pregnant, but you need to be extra careful because he is healthy but only just. So no more running around, and come to the scans" she smiles, unsurely.

"Ok" I say, smiling back.

"Now we would advise you to stay over night tonight, for observation" I just look at her as if to say why? " just to make sure that there are no changes, I will take you to your room quickly" She says getting up, and leading us out. She takes us into a privet room, where they have a TV and everything. We go in and I sit down on the bed, whilst Nathan sits on the chair next to it.

"Now get some rest" the nurse says smiling and walking out. Nathan then moves next to me and puts his arm around me. "You would not believe how scared I was" He says, looking relieved.

"Me too" I say smiling.

"Do you want me to get you a cup of coffee? Oh wait can you drink that when your pregnant?" He asks me with a smile.

"A tea will do" I smile.

"Ok" He smiles at me and then leaves. About ten minuets later Nathan comes back with the drinks, he gives me my drink and then he sits back down next to me. He smiles at me and then all of a sudden two police officer's come into the room. One looked about thirty and he was in his full suite and the other looked slightly older, with grey hair.

"Are you Rheanna Boys and Nathan Sykes?" The first asks, in a deep manly voice.

"Yes" Nathan answers.

"Could I just ask you a few questions please?" He asks us. What the hell is he talking about? I fell over for god's sake, that's all. Why did they call the police?

"Umm, ok then" Nathan says, nervously.

"Nathan Sykes, did you assault Lewis Roberts this evening, and leave him lying his a pool of blood?" The officer asks.

"Yes" Nathan says hanging his head in shame.

"Well I'm afraid you're under arrest then" He says, putting hand cuffs onto Nathan's wrists, he then took Nathan out of the room, leaving me in tears.

"Could I just ask you a few questions then Rheanna?" The younger one asks me, as the older one took Nathan.

"Ok then" I sob.

"Can you talk me through the events leading to the assault please?" He asks.

"Well Lewis turned up at the wedding looking for me and erm, I went outside so he wouldn't see me and Nathan was there. He saw that I was upset and he went in to see what I was hiding from. Then he realised that it was Lewis. Then there was an argument because Lewis doesn't want me around Nathan and so he pulled my hair and dragged me down the street" I say, still crying. The officer looked shocked at this.

"Who is dragging you down the street? Nathan?" He asks.

"No Lewis" I tell him. "Anyway, then Nathan must have saw what he was doing because the next thing I knew Lewis fell to the floor and Nathan was stood there and he has punched him. Lewis was lying on the floor and then Nathan hugged me because obviously I was a mess. Then Lewis attacked Nathan and they got into a massive fight, which obviously resulted in Lewis being taken to hospital" I explained with tears rolling down my face.

"Why were you hiding from Lewis in the first place?" He asks me in a sympathetic tone. I just burst into tears again. "Go on, it's ok" He says, trying to reassure me.

"Because I had been living in the bathroom" I say crying again, trying get him off of my back, without telling the whole story, but he just carried on asking questions.

"Why were you living in the bathroom?" He asks me. "Did Lewis do something?"

"Yes" I begin to cry again.

"Ok, would you be able to stand up in court and testify against him?" He asks me again.

"What? Why?" I say shocked.

"Because we don't want him to get away with it, and this could get your friend off the assault charges" He tells me.

"I, erm, I don't know" I say, looking away.

"Well think about it ok. Seeing as though your friend has admitted to the assault means that he will maybe, get a year at the most, but if you do decide to testify then it is more than likely he will get nothing and Lewis will get life, five years at the least. The hearing will be on Friday, so you have three days to make up your mind" He smiles.

"Wait, is Lewis awake then?" I ask.

"Yes" he says putting his hat back on and then leaving "I will come and see you tomorrow to get your decision or you can just contact me on this number" He says, turning around and handing me a card. "Just ask for PC Pywell" He says leaving.