Part Two

Nathan’s POV

The next morning I wake up and the only thing I can think about is that girl, Renee. I just can’t believe Tom thought she was more into me than him. I managed to get her number off of him, so I’m planning on ringing her soon. I just need to figure out what I’m going to say. I roll out of bed and make my way into the living room, where Rheanna is sleeping on the sofa. I sit down in front of her legs and I slowly stroke her hair out of her face, causing her to wake up.

“Nathan?” she asks, as her eyes flutter open.

“I need your help” I tell her.

“Oh great. You woke me up for that?” she asks, sounding slightly annoyed. “Well go on then. What is it?” she asks me, as she sits up.

“Well there’s this girl you see and I think I like her, but I’m not sure how she feels about me” I tell her and I watch as her cheeks turn pink.

“Really?” she asks me, with a smile spreading across her face.

“Yeah, but I’ve only met her once and I’ve not even spoken to her” I continue and the colour suddenly disappears from her cheeks again. “Tom gave me her number and I want to ring her, but I don’t know what to say”  I sigh.

“I don’t know then” she says and I can tell there's something wrong. She then lies back down on the sofa and she pulls the cover over her head.

“Come on, Rheanna. You always know what to do” I tell her, as I hold onto the cover and I gently tug it, so I can see Rheanna’s face again.

“Seriously Nathan, I don’t know. Just let me sleep.” She says, in a bitter tone. She puts the cushion over her head.

“Oh sorry” I say, awkwardly, as I stand up and wonder back into my room. I close the door behind me and then I sit down on my bed. I turn my phone on and begin to scroll through my contacts. I then notice Renee’s name, just above Rheanna’s. I take a deep breath, as I tap the contact. I still don’t know what I’m going to say, but I suppose the best words are the ones that come from the heart. I dial her number, before pressing the phone to my ear.

“Hello?” I hear her say.

“Hi” I chock, nervously.

“Who’s this?” she asks, sounding slightly confused.

“Erm, it’s me, Nathan” I tell her, hoping she won’t react too much like a fangirl.

“Nathan who?” she sighs.

“Nathan Sykes” I answer and I can hear laughing down the phone. “What’s going on?” I ask her.

“I could ask you the same question, Kelly” she says, still laughing.

“What?” I ask, slightly confused. Who the hell is Kelly? And how did she suddenly get Kelly from me saying that my name is Nathan?

“You pulled this prank on me last week, it didn’t work then and it’s not going to work now” she tells me.

“No, Renee. It really is me. Tom gave me your number” I explain.

“Prove it” she challenges.

“Fine, meet me?” I ask her, not sure what her response might be.

“Alright then, give me a place and a time and I’ll be there” she says, but she still doesn’t sound convinced.

“Covernt Gardens sound alright?” I ask.

“Yeah alright then, I’m free from 12” she tells me. That’s in just an hour!